TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there any difference in any of the years of TLRs? I was wondering cause I saw a pic of a TLR that looked like it had a projector headlight and mine doesnt??

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...stock lights are all the same, some countries got projectors on the one side but the USA and Canada didn't...

·
Registered
301 Posts
bx

any ideas on how to get the projector style headlamps? speedking and some of the english blokes have them and they look the biz:hail

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
make your own like me :devious

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
any ideas on how to get the projector style headlamps? speedking and some of the english blokes have them and they look the biz:hail
...used they are sort of hard to find, I could order you a new one if you wanted (or look around for a used one when the riding season starts again)...

·
Registered
301 Posts
bx if you could get it...

and not taking anything away from TLR-Billbo because he might just have the trickest TLR on the zone...

...what might something like a projector headlamp (bulb included, of course) cost? Just for shits and giggles?:coocoo

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
and not taking anything away from TLR-Billbo because he might just have the trickest TLR on the zone...

...what might something like a projector headlamp (bulb included, of course) cost? Just for shits and giggles?:coocoo
...I'm going to the shop tomorrow, I'll price it then and let you know...(this is Speedkings bike), this is what you're looking for, correct?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I got a projector - it's a pain in the ass :) bloody great if you're upright, but if you're cornering ... the road just dissapears into the darkness :(

Now if Jeff supplies me with those projectors I asked for weeks ago ;) :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I got a projector - it's a pain in the ass :) bloody great if you're upright, but if you're cornering ... the road just dissapears into the darkness :(

Now if Jeff supplies me with those projectors I asked for weeks ago ;) :laugh
...:O ...did I forget to get you some info on something?...

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
:rotfl no it was a joke - I was going to build a 4 projector headlight for the TLR but you had to send me the parts ;)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:rotfl no it was a joke - I was going to build a 4 projector headlight for the TLR but you had to send me the parts ;)
...ship it on over, you know the address:devious...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

I was looking at making a few a while back when I made mine, and it was going to be about $600 USD give or take....between parts and labor. Unless you gave me your headlight, but then theres always the chance of something going wrong :no

and now that the lenses are harder to find, www.1tail.com (where I got mine) doesnt have them anymore, I dont know where to get them :O

tlr-billbo what kind of projectors did you use?
I got my projectors here:
http://www.oppracing.com/products.php?action=show_product&id=742
then had to make my own brackets and such (the hard part)
http://www.oppracging.com/

·
Registered
301 Posts
yeah, like speedkings killer tlr

bx I understand what Kamikuza is saying about the beam dissappearing but I think i would do that on any bike just because projectors are trying to send out such a focused pattern so much further down the road. It seems worth it to me since you spend more time on your bike upright than leaned over unless you live at Deals Gap.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
There are plenty of posts here on how to make a projector light with angle eyes. If you're mechanically inclined enough to try it you'll probably come out better than a stock one.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
euro bikes have them, not british ones. any in england are parallel imports from another euro country.

the twin light setup is better anyway. 2 lights on instead of 1.

deb had a projector style on her SV650 and was sick of people telling her she had a bulb out!!! :laugh

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
my projectors work fine :O

light up plenty :thumbup

I am thinking of getting an HID kit for the low beam though, just for a little more light. Was gonna do high beam, but I've heard you have to keep HIDs on for at least 15 secs so as to not damage the ballast :O and when you keep flippin back and forth to high beam it might get damaged :O

1 - 20 of 40 Posts