TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I have a spare set of stock TLR headers and I can't stand the ugly Black/ Brown headers that are impossible to keep clean....

Yes I could just try them out but I'm so Lazy I had to ask the question first..

Thanks guys.:devious

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
If you use the search function you will find this is a regularly repeated question ..... :dowhat :devious

The simple answer is YES, it is possbile, but you will need to relocate the oil cooler by either scrunching it backwards, or mounting it forwards as the front ned of the TLR header is different. Also, the moutning points for the cans are different :)

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
You can also just remove the ugly coating on the S pipes. They are stainless underneath so you can give them a polished, brushed or any other type of finish you'd like. You might even have them ceramic coated.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid x2 For most aftermarket systems the only interferance will be the oil cooler. You can move it foward, back or fit a liqued/oil heat exchanger from a TLR if you have a late model TLS.....

have fun

btw I've a TLR Akro system on my S with the oil cooler moved back so it nearly touches the starter - works out fine for me:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm using TLR headers n what I did was cut n added a small straight piece just after the bracket that bolts up to the front cyc. Much easier than moving the oil cooler.....:O

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi tlamb69,

how did you do it? Do you have a photograph to show? I'm thinking of using the TLR header on the TLS as well.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
here's a (rather old) picture of the bracket and extended cooler lines on mine (courtesy of Fiche-man :) )

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, that's a cool modification.

Where did you said you got the longer cooler lines from? Fiche-man? Is he a TLzone member? What about the bracket, you made it yourself? Bolt on to the top of the valve cover?

What about the TLR header mounting points on the rest of the bike? Do you need to fabricate more brackets for it to fit?

Thank you

·
Registered
62 Posts
how much further front and up do you need to move the oil cooler?

It be great if you can help by drawing a sketch of that customised bracket that is on your bike with dimensions.

I have access to 3-D cad software, milling machine. just that the TLR headers are not with me and I can't guage the distance out and up the cooler should be moved.

thank you

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Fiche-man ( member here - see TLOTY) made the bracket - I'll try and get some measurements. The lines you should be able to get from Earls, Goodridge, HEL, etc., ..... I'll measure them when I get a chance :)

My headers were Yosh ones, and are only mounted using the right hand side mount :O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts