TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents thanks for all the help so far. I am replacing the gasket for my fuel pump and as a precaution I was going to add some gas/oil resistant sealant around the ****er to make sure it doesnt leak again. Is this a good idea or should I just bolt it straight on? Thank ya much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Will do:thumbup

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi
I had to replace my gasket. I went without the sealant, it's a better seal. the gasket was designed not to have extra goo on it. It may leak with it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
608 Posts
if u do use a sealant i would use the ultra copper or the ultra black and let it cure for about 12 hours before u ad gas

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Make sure you torque it up correctly as the manual suggests. Iv'e heard if you don't it will leak again.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Also make sure that the surface is very clean, and that it is flat, no ripples or dents where the gasket goes. Plus I agree that you must follow factory torque spec's and tightening pattern.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
ahem...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:hail :hail :hail :hail All hail Jasen!!!!!!! Getting my gasket and feul pump condom today. This is just what I needed.:bwtiller

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
paul.haydock said:
Make sure you torque it up correctly as the manual suggests. Iv'e heard if you don't it will leak again.
:stupid

I had mine out years ago, on the re-install I was careful about the tq, even re-used the oe gasket and still no leaks (knock on wood). If only my wp seal were as trouble free:banghead

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went through this nightmare. You HAVE to have a new gasket, and you HAVE to torque the bolts in the right order to right ft/lbs. It's EXTREMELY easy to strip the bolt holes out of the tank. It's odd because when you're tightening the bolts it seems like they're barely past finger tight but that's how it's supposed to be. I didn't use any goo and by doing it the correct way with brand new gasket it sealed up good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts