TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of how they plumbed in the oil cooler? My S project with the R motor has the S water pump cover so no outlet to the oil cooler. I was thinking of putting a T in the line between the pump and rad for the feed side and then another T into the hose that goes from the rad to the thermostat housing on the left side of the bike for the return. Anyone know if that'll work?

Would I be better off getting the R cover and then only needing a single inline T for the return side?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of how they plumbed in the oil cooler? My S project with the R motor has the S water pump cover so no outlet to the oil cooler. I was thinking of putting a T in the line between the pump and rad for the feed side and then another T into the hose that goes from the rad to the thermostat housing on the left side of the bike for the return. Anyone know if that'll work?

Would I be better off getting the R cover and then only needing a single inline T for the return side?
I think it should work? Do you have a small line from the thermostathousing to the pump? Maybe that could be used as a feed. And the big tube between rad and pump is actually a return. Maybe those to are nice and close together to use for the heatex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it should work? Do you have a small line from the thermostathousing to the pump? Maybe that could be used as a feed. And the big tube between rad and pump is actually a return. Maybe those to are nice and close together to use for the heatex.
So this is a totally random question that may have nothing to do with your project, but i need some help. A friend of mine has recently gotten a 2000 tl1000r and the cover to the front fuse box is missing. There is also a fuse missing. He doesn't want to mess around with the missing fuse if it could short something else out. Any idea what all the fuses are? Or if you could share a picture of the fuse box cover (or a link on where to find one) that would be extremely helpful.
No service manual that we found actually had any info on this. We are kind of lost at this point.

·
Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,659 Posts
So this is a totally random question that may have nothing to do with your project, ..... There is also a fuse missing. He doesn't want to mess around with the missing fuse if it could short something else out. Any idea what all the fuses are? Or if you could share a picture of the fuse box cover.....
Jaq, Welcome to the Zone!
However, you are correct. An oil cooler/radiator thread is the wrong place to post a fuse box question.
But you are new here..... We have all done the same at some point.
Next time start a new thread please.

Still, here is a fuse box photo that may get you headed in the right direction....

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/5sm4twigW4]TLR Fuse Box with labels[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]Tony Six5[/url], on Flickr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jaq, Welcome to the Zone!
However, you are correct. An oil cooler/radiator thread is the wrong place to post a fuse box question.
But you are new here..... We have all done the same at some point.
Next time start a new thread please.

Still, here is a fuse box photo that may get you headed in the right direction....

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/5sm4twigW4]TLR Fuse Box with labels[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]Tony Six5[/url], on Flickr
Thank you very much. I appreciate the picture and the guidance. And next time I need help I will be sure to start a new thread.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts