TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine on my s broke saturday so i put my tlr engine in it but the clutch cover leaks and i cant seem to stop it i have put various sealants on it but its still leaking does any one know how to seal it up

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Is it an R or 98+ TLS cover or a 97 cover?

If it's a 97 cover check out the frequent mods forum.

It shouldn't need sealant. If you over tighten it trying to stop the leak it will make it worse. You're using the rear cam cover vent and haven't blocked it off?

·
Moderator,
8,236 Posts
:stupid Clean off the sealant, get a new gasket if necessary and use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts in a cross pattern to the proper torque value and it wont leak unless it's buggered up.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
:stupid

Did you check and make sure the original "o" ring came off.. they have a nasty tendancy to stick to the engine case. :)

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Check you have used the vented rear cam cover.

You will find the plastic around the steel inserts in the clutch cover has been compressed leaving the steel inserts protruding. So even when the bolts are tight the cover doesn't touch.

Press the inserts out and grind a mm off them and press back in. Make sure the O Ring and cover are degreased and use a good quality sealant like Threebond/YamBond/SuzukiBond (all same stuff and loads on Ebay) etc

Leave overnight to cure before starting engine

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Also check that the engine breather works. There are quite some differences between the 97TLS system and the TLR breather system! If the engine is under pressure, the plastic clutch cover will never seal correctly.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the late reply think we may have sorted the problem thanks to all your help people just going to wait for sunday to give it a proper test run as i need to use it for work and dont want it playing up on me, thanks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts