TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the TLR clutch (with 6 springs) fit right in the TLS? Or is modifications needed?

What are the benefits by changing to a TLR clutch with 6 springs?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
you need a different pushrod, i remember that. i think steveTLS has a list of the parts that you can order from ronayers.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Will the TLR clutch (with 6 springs) fit right in the TLS? Or is modifications needed?

What are the benefits by changing to a TLR clutch with 6 springs?
You may want to relieve the cover inner rib to make it easier to fit the clutch hub to the gearbox shaft.
Indeed the TLR / 99+ TLS pushrod is longer but i have thousands of km's on a TLR clutch with 5 spring TLS pushrod (It depends on the clutch pack thickness) ,then again the pushrod seal is the original 8 year old item so i may be lucky.
The longer pushrod would solve any immediate problems.I will probably look at that come time for new plates as there will no doubt be not enough adjustment.

The TL's that came with a 6 spring clutch may be different as far as that rib.
Besides ease of installation/removal of the hub it also means no undue stress when engaging the oil pump gear to the gear at the rear of the clutch hub (which drives the oil pump)

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
When i did mine i found it fitted in quite easily by fitting basket first then bearing....just gave you a enough room to manouvre round that lip........mind you as les says just as easy to get rid of it............

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
When i did mine i found it fitted in quite easily by fitting basket first then bearing....just gave you a enough room to manouvre round that lip........mind you as les says just as easy to get rid of it............
+1

fit the basket, then the bearing and no clearance issues wni.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
benefits by changing? what will I gain compared to the original clutch?
you gain more clutch area at a larger radius. you also gain a significant amount of rotating motor weight at a larger radius, thus more flywheel effect.

are you having clutch problems now or planning on upping the HP significantly?
if not, i would leave the 5 spring. i had no issues with a 5 spring with barnett springs and proper adjustment on my stock motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts