TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What different spring rates are available for a bitubo shock on the TLR? And where do you buy them from?

My shock works great but it's slightly undersprung for my 105 kgs/230 lbs. What is the standard rate for the bitubo?

Cheers.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Danny Never I think organized the Bitubo group buy ... he may have springs or can organize them from the company.
Is it REALLY undersprung? One step up is bloody stiff ...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
When I got the spring for my TLS from Danny, I told him I was 100kg's plus riding gear, and asked for the heavier spring. It is pretty much perfect:).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol I'm a bloody big boy! :laugh

Thanks guys, i'll get in touch with Danny :thumbup

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Danny Never I think organized the Bitubo group buy ... he may have springs or can organize them from the company.

It's hard for GP rider sized midgets to understand the needs of us big boys:lol

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I'm a bigger boy than Jimmy and then some ... I think it's too stiff :( the damping can't cope IMHO with the heavier spring.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a bigger boy than Jimmy and then some ... I think it's too stiff :( the damping can't cope IMHO with the heavier spring.

Surely that would just be a matter of adjusting shim stacks slightly? :O

I'm not a suspension guru, but with a static sag of 5-10mm, i get a loaded sag of about 40-45mm with my weight. This suggests to me that it's "slightly" undersprung? I should be aiming for about 30mm loaded sag, while maintaining 5-10mm static sag, yes?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
All I know, Big Kev :lol, is that with the heavier spring I was easily able to reconcile my static and dynamic sag, and my bike handles bout a thousand times better than before the suspension upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts