TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna put R box on S. I assume I will need an R battery. WHat about the cables? Anyone got pix of their set up?
thanks
john

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Gonna put R box on S. I assume I will need an R battery. WHat about the cables? Anyone got pix of their set up?
thanks
john

That will depend where you put it. PM N2Wheelies - he has an R box on his drag S :)

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
My easy-bake oven... er... TLR battery box...

I know I had to run a new red line but I think I was able to reuse the TLS's ground wire, though I did this so long ago I could be wrong.

The upper bracket...

The lower bracket (and continuation of the upper bracket)...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for pix. I was wondering about the bracket set up, I guess I will be making my own?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
talk to N2Wheelies.... he might have a "smaller" battery option for u............

·
Registered
5,699 Posts

i used a smaller 50 cc scooter battery for a while then eventually used part of that bracket to mount the TLR box. i think one the red cable was short just like bernie sez...

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,420 Posts
Here's Mine

You will need to cut the engine spacer in two like I did to sandwiche the bracket.

You will need to extend the 4 wires that plug onto the starter solenoid but make sure you use heavier duty wires as the current loss will cause your bike to be harder to start as the ignition doesn't get full voltage when cranking.

·
15,420 Posts
I saved the template I made, here it is.

Print it off and scale to the 135mm measurement.

Note in one of the pictures that I had to releave the bracket just next to the front mount onto the cam cover to clear the radiator.

I used 5mm dural. Whatever thickness you use you need to cut out of the split spacer. I think the smallest part of the cut off spacer was about 5mm.

·
15,420 Posts

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
:hail Ace fabricating there, Sam :thumbup :thumbup
Anyone else notice that spacer for the engine mount spinning with the frame pinch bolt tightened (bolt into the head loose),kind of defeats the clamp. :confused .... Sometimes its like working old Italian bikes,when Giovanni in the machine shop was having a bad day :laugh

·
15,420 Posts
.......and the M10 bolt in the spacers 12mm hole :laugh

I guess that was for when people decked the heads and wondered why the engine bolts wouldn't go back in :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts