TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Like nothing I've ever seen before. Not interchangeable with the TLR.

Any additional info? Where did you find it?

NOTE: Only thing on the TLR with two prongs like that is the horn and clutch safety switch. And that's definitely not for the horn.
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Hello TL Zone can anyone tell me what this part is please
It may possibly be the 3-pin side stand diode from a TLS. It appears to be burnt, so maybe the third pin is still in the loom connector. :O If it is that diode, it is normally wrapped into the wire loom behind the frame rail on the right hand side, near the area where your right knee would be.

A photograph with a size reference included would be handy. Maybe a common coin or something, to show the size of it.....

I think that diode is still available from the dealer. If not, there are aftermarket options available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Six5 you are correct it is a 3 pin and it is burnt out and third pin was still in there had to go back and pull it out

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Well I'm still confused. Anyone got an image for one of these "side stand diodes"?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

Josh,

You can "see" it labeled A in Crash's diagram. It is an isolation for the side stand and neutral off the GPI.

I can take you a picture, but it is quite boring.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Appreciate it. Just wanted to confirm it was TLS specific.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Well what the hell. I'm looking over my spare harness and see nothing like what is pictured there.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Knew I wasn't crazy :hmm

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Knew I wasn't crazy :hmm
actually you are, :lol
remember when I told you about the led flasher unit for the tlr having more wires going into it, seven I think compared to the tls's flasher unit which has 2 or 3, now you know why :laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts