TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got time to fit the Yoshimura TRC-D mufflers on my TL. It originally came with a D&D system and I found a set of slip-ons for a 2009-11 GSXR-1000. The D&D system had 2" headers and the Yoshimura's had a 2.25" inlets. Before
so I machined a set of sleeves to make the Yoshimura's fit. The D&D's sounded good but the Yoshimura's sound and look better in my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beautiful Ted. l have a 99 as well. Hello from Australia. Have to ask, did you reverse the rear pillion pegs? Have you noticed any difference between swapping pipes? Have to say that they all sound pretty cool. l have yoshi rs3 carbons on mine and its music to my ears lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I had to reverse the rear pegs until I can fabricate or buy some new ones. I can across a set of used pegs on ebay and will use them for fitting/fabrication. The bike sounds better and seems to have a sharper bark. Really didn't notice much of a difference in performance. I was initially looking for a set of RS3's but couldn't find them but a dealer had this Yosh setup for $420 including shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts