TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, I have a problem with Suzuki TL1000S. I can not exclude the neutral spot! New oil, Motul 5100 10W40. When I got to his rear wheel jack, so they go beautifully speed sort (but i pressed the clutch at the rear wheel turns). As soon as I step back brake, so I can not reassign well. It's like a bad clutch exhibited. But driving is not. What might be the problem? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Dragging clutch by the sounds - had to adjust mine after welding the centre. Look a the periodic maintenance section in the workshop manual and adjust the actuator and cable as stated.

You'll find it here: http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/26/74/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragging clutch by the sounds - had to adjust mine after welding the centre. Look a the periodic maintenance section in the workshop manual and adjust the actuator and cable as stated.

You'll find it here: http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/26/74/

I was removing the clutch, plates and sheets are normal. I no longer know how to properly adjust the clutch. I also tried to complain about the will of the lever and still the same. Order. I apologize in advance for my English, I am European with poor knowledge of the language. Thank you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your command of English is far better than my command of any foreign language.

We generally speak a foreign language by shouting English and pointing.

Good luck with your bike.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Put the clutch back together - the problem is on the other side of the bike. Follow the clutch cable from the lever to where it ends, next to the front sprocket, this is where the adjustment is needed. click on the link in my first post, then right click on the top right box - TLS Workshop Manual, and select "Save Target As...." Once you have downloaded the manual go to "Periodic Maintenance" and get to the Clutch section. Follow the instructions to adjust the worm and cable. This should fix your problem.

Ask if you have any more problems. And your english is a lot better than my french, or german, or.....:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, the problem still remains. Yesterday I adjusted the clutch rod perhaps correctly according to the manual in reference to the above and it still does not feel right. The second gear when more effort I can find neutral. The first gear not! Write your procedure for adjusting the clutch. If someone makes a mistake, please let me know where! I'll start with the clutch lever on the handlebars, where Adjusting wheel set up for about half the length of the thread. Then mount the mechanism enabled central screw that pushes the rod. I'll put the clutch cable. Tightened the center screw on the mechanism before it starts to resist. Then about 1/4 speed I enable it back. Next, set the clutch clearance 10 to 15 millimeters. Where is my mistake? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
steel plates worn like saucers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steel plates worn like saucers
I do not understand your answer. Steel plates I mounted the manual according to the prescribed thickness in the correct order. The only thing I did not know was whether it depends which side will put him there. Thank you.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
shaped like cup saucer/ dinner plate/ curved

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Takes the plates out, lie them on a known flat surface (like a mirror) or rest something like a CD on them. If there's a gap between the plate and the flat surface then that is the curve Ring-in is talking about. It means the plates have become dishes and are now only useful for eating soup out of. ;)

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
thanks snowy !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Takes the plates out, lie them on a known flat surface (like a mirror) or rest something like a CD on them. If there's a gap between the plate and the flat surface then that is the curve Ring-in is talking about. It means the plates have become dishes and are now only useful for eating soup out of. ;)
Metal slats are straight. I think the problem is on the other side of the adjustment mechanism, but do not know how to accurately adjusted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts