TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening wondering if anyone can help. I'm currently working on a kit car for someone atm with a tl1000s engine in. Atm I've been sorting the wiring out, was getting a c42 code as soon as I turned the ignition on, no fuel pump. Added a 100ohm resistor on the ignition today, fuel pump primed, c42 code disappeared until I turned the engine over and it came back. I've check the voltage on the cable the resistor is on and I'm only getting 1.3 v. Should this be 12? ive checked the voltage to the coils and its got 12v noting on the ground though. Also it hasn't got a temp sensor or atmospheric sensor which brings up c15 and c22 code, would this affect it at all?

·
Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,754 Posts
...... I've check the voltage on the cable the resistor is on and I'm only getting 1.3 v. Should this be 12?
I can't say if the 1.3 volts is correct without measuring mine. However, I would expect the voltage across the resistor to be lower than 12V, because I think the 100 ohm resistor is the lower part of a voltage divider network within the ECM.

ive checked the voltage to the coils and its got 12v noting on the ground though.
You won't see a voltage on the negative side of the ignition coil, at least not with a DMM. The negative coil terminal is controlled by the ECM output transistors. The ECM pulls the terminals low to get current flowing through the coil, and then releases them when it is time to fire the spark plug.

Also it hasn't got a temp sensor or atmospheric sensor which brings up c15 and c22 code, would this affect it at all?
These missing sensors won't cause the c42 error code to occur, but they may make the engine more difficult to start. It just depends on how the fuel mix is being altered with those sensors being gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheer for the reply, bit of a weird one going on, was working in it yesterday. Tried cranking it over again, c42 code had gone, but was now getting c12 code. Ckp checked to sensor all looked good, even swapped it for a working one, off a sv still getting same result. Checked the wiring up to the ecm and it getting the signal. So think the ecu could be shot, had a similar issue with my sv a few years back, got a ecm on the way so hopefully that's the issue. Doing a bit off digging and the bare minimum for it to run, is ckp and cam sensor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts