TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 1999 T TL1000s the large RH engine case has a small hole about 2mm on the front of it, i noticed a little oil residue in the casing but im unsure as to the reason for the hole to be there, can anyone shed some light on it, it looks like the hole was made on purpose by machine or in the casting process, but is it supposed to be blocked ??? to stop leaking of oil etc ??

Neil

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
That's the weep hole to which you're referring I presume

See this thread for details

·
Registered
91 Posts
I thought the weep hole was only on the 97 TLS - having something to do with oil breather? Could be way off base here. Shite - my TLs has holes all over the engine and more fluids pooring out on a hot day than a sardine boat. (sobs, wipes tears from his eyes)

·
Moderator,
8,251 Posts
I thought the weep hole was only on the 97 TLS - having something to do with oil breather? Could be way off base here.
Yep, you're way off base. The weep hole is there to tell you if the water pump seal or the oil seal is leaking, depending o course on what you see coming out. Replace both of them if you have to do one.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, really a brilliant move on suzuki's part, other bikes I've had didn't have the hole and would end up with coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant or both when the seal(s) went:doh

All TL's (and I think SV and DL) have the weep hole.

btw it is not related to the crank case breather.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh crap! Is that what that is?! I had coolant coming out of mine, my solution what to put a little RTV in the hole - I am truelly an idiot! Thankfully, not many miles were put on the bike after that hack job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts