TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Yesterday I rode from San Dimas California up the Cajon pass about 35 miles. Stopped for gas, and bike would not start. Motor turned over, F1 red light started flashing but would not fire. I let her sit for about 20 minutes and she fired right up. Same thing happened on return trip. Got 3 blocks from home and stopped for gas and again she would not start. HELP

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Under the rear seat there is a socket for a dealer mode switch. Do you have 2 keys? Best thing to do is:

Next time the bike throws the F1 light don't turn off the ignition. Use the second key to take the rear seat/hump off (or take it off before you put the key in the ignition) and locate the dealer mode switch:

Then use a paperclip and bridge the switch and see what error code comes up

If you click this link then you can find what the code means and take it from there. At a guess I expect C41 (Fuel pump relay signal circuit malfunction)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CrashB...thanks for the quick reply. I will have to have a second key made, and will try the paperclip trick. Thanks again...

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
The second key isnt necessary, its just an easy route. That being said, its always handy to have a spare key... Particularly if you are as absent minded as me and keep putting keys down and forgetting where you put them :lol

Before you try and start the bike up just take off the rear seat/hump. If the bike starts then you can reattach it, if not, then you have instant access to the dealer mode switch without taking the key out of the ignition :)

Once you turn the bike off the error code will be cancelled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts