TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike will start but shuts down to one cylinder. Getting the c34 code which is a fuel injection signal stops. Replaced the full fuel rail with injectors off a running bike. I don’t see any linked wires. Fuel pump turns on. Any ideas where to go from here??

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You will need to verify continuity of the power feed from the Fuel Pump Relay (yellow/red wire) to each injector.
Do the same for each of the control lines. Closely inspect all the terminals for any corrosion, or loose fit, and verify wires from from each injector to the ECM gang connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I have a full volt less than the battery is reading. But there is power in the orange and white wire

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Bike will start but shuts down to one cylinder. Getting the c34 code which is a fuel injection signal stops. .......
The C 34 error code pertains to the secondary injector on the rear cylinder. Theoretically, that problem shouldn't come into play until near 6000 RPM. If you are experiencing problems below that RPM, I wonder if the primary injector is also dropping out.

Given that you measured lower a voltage at the ECM than at the battery, I suspect you may have connection problems in the large white gang connector between the front and rear Loom, or potentially the black gang connector leading to the right hand switch pod. Terminal corrosion and oxidation have caused similar problems many times through the years.

I have personally seen injector codes and ignition coil codes appear when the charging system isn't working properly, and the battery voltage sags more than it should during startup.

Verify the charging system operation. You should be able to measure 13.5 volts at the battery during idle, and over 14 volts at the battery at 5000 RPM.

One more thing, verify that there are 12 volts on the yellow red wire coming out of the fuel pump relay. That wire provides the power for the fuel injectors also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so here’s where I’m at.
I had the tank back on the hinge while I was putting the air box on. I figured I would start it and see what happens. Did not throw a code. Reved and idled fine even at temp. But only when the tank is tilted back. When I put the tank down. I get the code. Messed with the wiring from the fuel pump and can’t get it to duplicate unless the tank is down. Only when the tank is down does it throw the code. Ground on the fuel pump looks fine but I haven’t pulled the fuel pump out yet. Any ideas here??

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
...... I figured I would start it and see what happens. Did not throw a code. Reved and idled fine even at temp. But only when the tank is tilted back. When I put the tank down. I get the code. Messed with the wiring from the fuel pump and can’t get it to duplicate unless the tank is down. Only when the tank is down does it throw the code. Ground on the fuel pump looks fine but I haven’t pulled the fuel pump out yet. Any ideas here??
If you are still dealing with the c 34 code, there is no need to remove the fuel pump. The injector error codes have to do with the injector itself, or the wiring going to and from, or a low system voltage.

Is there a PC-3 installed on this bike?

If not, this is where you need to focus your efforts:
  • Determine where the wires are that lead from the fuel injectors to the ECM.
  • Also determine where the wires are that provide Power to the injectors.
  • Then, as you lower the tank, watch for ANYTHING that puts pressure on the sections of wire harness that contains those wires for the injectors. Obviously, lowering the tank is not moving the injector itself, so the change must be happening in the wire loom at some point. There is likely a fractured wire or a corroded terminal in the injector circuit.
When the ECM sends out an injector pulse, it can "read" the response as it were, and it can tell if the response from the circuit is "normal" or not. If it detects a problem, then it generates the appropriate code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts