TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

I have been doing some digging and found this?

Does anyone agree or can say this is correct?

Had my 2000 TLR for 6 months and looking to tweak, and rebuild...

Cheers

The TLR has a soft and hard rev limiter. This simple mod will remove the soft rev limiter on the TLR and give you an extra 500rpm.

Remove the seat to get to the ECU then remove the larger of the two conenctors. You will see some white tabs in the side of the connector push it side ways and this unlocks the wires. Pull out the #25, black/brown and voila, soft rev limit removed

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
never heard of this one?
you've not heard of it?????? i was told about it in 2001 when i bought my tlr, then had it confirmed when i got a tre from symtek, never bothered doing it as i rarely found the need for a extra 500rpm,maybe on a track but not on the road

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
The cams and heads don't make any more power up there . Its better to change gear the bike will actually accelerate more if you do.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
and as i found out a couple of times in my first few weeks of ownership, the rev limmiter will slow you down quicker than a hand full of front brake, was quite a eye watering experience the first time it happened, the 2nd time it happend i thought what a cock!!!! the only other time i hit the limitter was when i had the tre fitted and that did shock me as it wasn't near the redline at all, it was about 1500 short,

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
It is correct, you can raise the rev limit by another 500rpm. TLR only, it doesn't apply to the TLS.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
it doesn't apply to the TLS.
because tls are mental enough without the need of more revs, especially 97 prototypes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The TLS is a beasty alright... especially if you give it a handfull...

Love to buy the Mark Barnett TLS Chequered Flag special... £12000... Amazing

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
no need for anything like that in nottingham mark, you're never more than 200 yds away from a bloody speed camera, the gits arent turning them off either,and some of the best roads i've found have been dumbed down to 50mph guaranteed to get people

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
at least the cameras don't nick you yet for you bike making a soulful sound, and they might be able to read number plates but they cant read "not for road use"
and if they can does that mean we can all use small plates?

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Good job you haven't got the faster R then, you'd be in more trouble!!!
they'd never see the number plate cos of it's huge arse, listen to me puttin down the best bike i've ever owned,mind you i once owned a mz ts150 so that's not sayin much

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Only if they put a camera at the end of your driveway.... Just incase you take it out one day

mine'll be out tomorrow, or should that be today???

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The stock tlr setup the soft limit or initial limit is at 9850 rpm and it goes to hard limit at 10250, by pulling the wire out it just bypasses the soft limit it does not change the hard limit. As has been mention previously there is no more power up there so not a big gain and increasing the limit above 10250 is not worth doing and difficult to do. The actual change from 9850 to 10250 is actually happening by switching from map 1 to map 2 inside the stock ecu of the tlr. TLS does not have this feature.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts