TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I would like to upgrade the rear shock on my TL1000R
I am in Australia but happy to pay international postage let me know what you have got

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a complete Ohlins rear shock setup that came off of my TLR track bike. Worked perfect when I took it off 1 yr ago and would be great on the street too. I am asking $650 US for it since these are becoming rare. Let me know. I also have other TLR race parts. Attack rear sets, complete Ti exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a complete Ohlins rear shock setup that came off of my TLR track bike. Worked perfect when I took it off 1 yr ago and would be great on the street too. I am asking $650 US for it since these are becoming rare. Let me know. I also have other TLR race parts. Attack rear sets, complete Ti exhaust, etc.
Thanks anyway TLR7018 I ended up purchasing a new rear shock from England

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is this still available?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mate, Is this still available? I'm in Australia, can you email me some pics?
Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mate, I'm super keen to buy this rear shock! What other parts do you have? Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Mate, I'm super keen to buy this rear shock! What other parts do you have? Cheers
Sorry for not replying sooner but the guy that wanted to buy this setup failed to come through. Now my Ohlins TLR1000 rear shock setup is available again for $650 US. Images attached. Let me know if still interested. Thanks.
TLR Ohlins Shock A .jpg
TLR Ohlins Shock B.jpg
TLR Ohlins Shock C.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi mate
Yeah cool, thanks for thinking of me mate!
I'm away atm but definitely want it, I'll be back home tomorrow arvo, gotta get some cash and put it in the bank to do the transfer if that's cool?
The last TL bits I bought from Canada I used Western union and that all went very smoothly, I'll double check what details I need from you to get it sorted.
Where abouts are you situated?

·
Registered
26 Posts
All good. No rush on my side. Whatever works best for you. I've sold parts to Australia before and used PayPal but Western U. is fine too. I'll figure out how much the shipping cost will be and reply back. Thanks.
BTW - I also have a complete Attack Rear Set with 2 extra new levers and 1 extra peg and a full Titanium exhaust converted to a single muffler (weighs ~8 lbs total). All came off of the same race bike. You have first choice if you're interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All good. No rush on my side. Whatever works best for you. I've sold parts to Australia before and used PayPal but Western U. is fine too. I'll figure out how much the shipping cost will be and reply back. Thanks.
BTW - I also have a complete Attack Rear Set with 2 extra new levers and 1 extra peg and a full Titanium exhaust converted to a single muffler (weighs ~8 lbs total). All came off of the same race bike. You have first choice if you're interested.
Forgot to add that I'm in California.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both come complete with all hardware. The Ti exhaust even has Ti mounting bolts and is ceramic coated. I burned through the original muffler so replaced it with a Hindle that I adapted to the inlet and outlet also has Ti Air/Fuel bung.
TLR Attack Rear Set B.jpg
TLR Ti Exh B.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
It sounds mostly like a Yoshimura dual race exhaust but is a tiny bit louder and has a slightly different pitch. Was a real head turner at the track. All the TLR and RC51 guys really took notice. Even some of the the Big Duc guys had to check it out. I'd use it on my street TLR in a heartbeat but being in California they keep getting stricter about noise levels and don't need any more attention than I already get.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hahahaha, we like loud! Here in Canberra we've got it pretty good with bikes and cars etc!
I spose the killer question is how much do you want for the exhaust? I honestly don't know much about the rear sets, my days of racing are on the verge of retirement lol but what's the difference / advantage of those rear sets?

·
Registered
26 Posts
A new dual Ti exhaust from Ladybird goes for $1,950. I was going to ask $1,000 but if you buy it with the shock I'd ask $900 for the exhaust. As for the rearsets, no problem I've had offers on them before without the spares for $250 so they'll sell on EBay quickly. Advantages to the rearsets is they are solid and provide extra grip to your shoes which is good for racing and of course the peg adjustability. You can move the pegs to the most comfortable position but for most people since they are rigid with no rubber cushion they would not like them for street use. I have Woodcraft solid pegs on my street TLR that work fine for me but I'm used to the solid feel with no cush.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey
Nice explanation for the rear sets! I'd love to just get the whole lot but reality is they wouldn't be of much use for me.
Could we lock in the shock and the exhaust for $1500 + freight by any chance?
You wouldn't believe your timing about the shock! I was just saying to my son yesterday that I haven't been able to source a shock and it's been making me contemplate even selling the big girl cause the stock rear shock is so bloody dangerous and I didn't want to ride it like I used to!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry I just realised you will need an address,
25 John Russell circuit
Conder ACT 2906
Australia
👍
All good. I'll take 1,500 plus the cost to ship. Let me work on the packaging and shipping cost and get back to you. Hope you don't mind if I take a few days... Christmas and all. Glad you're keeping it. I had 2 but have to keep at least 1. They're too much fun! You'll really like how this rear shock works. It's setup for the track which at my pace is also perfect for the street and I'm ~195lbs. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey,
Sorry for the delay, been driving 😣😣
Don't stress at all about rushing anything bud, Christmas is bloody hectic around here, more than happy to deal with it in the new year! Whatever suits you mate. 💯
But have to say THANK YOU for your msg! You've made my Christmas worth all the pain this year! Lol cheers

1 - 20 of 39 Posts