TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1999 Suzuki TL1000R
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. If someone has new ideas...

I Have this little problem. Bike did start and run ok in garage whole winter, about once on month tested. Now startmotor rotetes motor ok and motor tries to start, sometimes it might run 2-3 sec. Battery replaced. Tank drained and now new gasoline. Fuel pump relay does normal sound and fuel pump sounds basic sound after turning ignition on also. Fuel pump pumps fuel, checked disconnecting fuel hose under tank and switching ignition on.

Ignition coils both checked, resistance 4,7ohm and 5.8 ohm ( +5c degrees yesterday).

Rear cylinders spark plug and it's wire resistance is also in right area and gives spark. Front cylinders sparkplug not checked yet.

No broken cables or connection under seat. Also connectors near headlight checked.

Bike do recognise free gear and clutch position and kill switch.

Oils changed now, oilfilter also. Air filter checked, ok.

Bike on dealer mode and does not give fault codes: C 00. When disconnect for example tip over sensor, gives that code into dashpanel...

What next馃檮馃え.

BR.

Markus

Registered
1999 Suzuki TL1000R
Discussion Starter #2
Now it started, and didn't stop after that. Let after cooling down...

Mystery what was wrong. Maybe weak sparkplugs, and I change them if IT does IT again, or change anyway.

Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
Welcome to the Zone Markus! (y)

Hi. If someone has new ideas...

I Have this little problem. Bike did start and run ok in garage whole winter, about once on month tested. Now .......

Markus
This is most likely the cause of the problem. Repeated starting during the winter without warming it up to operating temperatures causes the plugs to fuel foul. Thus, making it difficult to start as time goes on. Some TLs are more susceptible to this issue than others, but it is common. Generally, new plugs with a strong battery will fix the problem.

Registered
1999 Suzuki TL1000R
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks馃槑馃憤

Seems that you're right. Now bike starts, and runs when wants, sometimes not. But does not burn well. I will report after replacing sparkplugs...

-Markus-馃嚝馃嚠 IMG_20210403_194610_940.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts