TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long time TL fan checking in. I live in CA and raced a TL to an AFM Open Twins championship in 2003. Always regretted selling that bike. A few years ago I committed to finding another one and in December I finally did. This was a TL that Charlie Mavros owned, so has some history. I don't have a lot of build details, but updated to power commander V recently and it put 153hp and 89ft.lbs. of torque to the wheel.

It had good bones when I got it, but needed to be gone through and updated. Made huge updates to the chassis set up and finally getting it where I can turn some respectable lap times, but now focusing on the front end. I love the OG front, but I think its time for an update to something more modern. Are the GSX-R fitting kits that @Sam made still available?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Great shape bike you got! 153rwhp sounds very optimistic tho :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great shape bike you got! 153rwhp sounds very optimistic tho :)
Well, I'm not here to start a controversy about HP numbers, but BRG is a respected tuner here in the Bay Area and KC did the tune. He did NOT build the motor, so no real reason for him to fudge the numbers. If you knew Charlie, this number would not surprise you. Anyway, if you're ever in Norcal and want to ride it, I'm certain your but dyno would agree with my dyno sheets, she is a ripper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got in touch with Sam, fitting 2016 GSX-R 1000 forks with 25mm GP Suspension cartridges soon. Discovered that my 2015 GSX-R 1000 rear wheel bolts in perfectly, so that opens up an entirely new realm of wheel options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts