TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.roaringtoyz.com/nparts.html

roaring toyz sells lowering links for the TL R...i just ordered mine so if you want to wait i will let you all know how sweet it is....i know i can hear you all now complaining about why i would wanna lower it...well because it is mine and i want to.
$149 and it looks sweet. finally a solution. :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I think you're right. Most on the zone are interessted in better performance instead of slamming. I'm one of them too by the way :)

Anywho, post some pics when it's lowered..! And am I the only one thinking 149 bucks is a bit much?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm interested in lowering mine too,But i have a TLS,Does anyone know if the links for the TLR will work for the TLS?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
149 maybe a bit steep, but if you cant make the link yourself and cant get it anywhere else...it seems better all the time. PICS WHEN YOU DO MAN!!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i could probably make them a lot cheaper but i like the idea that someone already has it done. i am just hoping i dont have any issues with the kickstand. we shall see. i love the bike, tons of mods but honestly i have a huge injury that kinda makes me just have to ride and chill....i love to be out on the bike and i dont have to carve every corner to have fun...thats not what it is about. to each his own. i gotta get it done fast because me and a bunch of friends are going to the gap for a weekend for some fun.
also gotta thank todd at cal-sportbike for his help in getting my yoshi pipes.
lots of pics up soon....if i can figure how to load them.......

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
That drag-racing jackshaft-swingarm is a very interesting idea for a long hillclimber!!!

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
On the other hand, IMHO anybody who puts sharpened spikes on his fairing bolts or bar-ends or axles or pegs or mirrors or levers obviously isn't in the sport for the same reasons I am. Have a bike land on you once or twice, or hit something and rip off the windshield with your crotch, find yourself barrelling down on an injured rider friend, get in an accident with your girlfriend or daughter on, and you'll have a different view of such stupidity. Shit happens, but the idea is to minimize the damage, duh. Might look cool...on a show bike that never gets ridden...the same infantile way anything outrageously hideously dangerous does. Kind of like a hideously-disfigured face is "cool" in that it makes people afraid of you. Spikes on a bike just make people afraid of your judgment, and not want to ride with you. It's like a sign saying "I've never thought about why I ride or what's the best mindset and goals, my motorcycle is just macho jewelry to compensate for a deep feeling of inferiority. Then again, there have been some truly EVIL looking Harleys...LOL.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
laffin gas said:
i know i can hear you all now complaining about why i would wanna lower it...well because it is mine and i want to.
:)
Good enough reason ..cannt argue with that:) even I think you should have bought a harley.:D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
richara3 said:
Good enough reason ..cannt argue with that:) even I think you should have bought a harley.:D

a harley?? dude you have issues

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you were planning on ordering please hold off....i will save you lots of grief. it dosent fit. one of the pieces was made wrong. the small lower link was not machined with the correct offset. i will make a new one and talk to them with the correct size needed and see what they can do. if there are any issues i have already talked to my guy with a cnc machine and he told me to bring it by his shop and he could do anything i want.....he is amazing with ideas so this could be interesting. :)

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
laffin gas said:
my guy with a cnc machine and he told me to bring it by his shop and he could do anything i want.....he is amazing with ideas so this could be interesting. :)
Can you get him to make me a rear brake caliper mount that holds two stock rear calipers, like the 509 racing mount, but for use with a slightly larger rear disc?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Roaring toys also sells a 240 wide tire swingarm kit! thought i'd be sweet, but then i'd have to buy another TLR so i could still go cut the curves..... wish you could have the best of both worlds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
and it cost a ridiculous amount. was gonna made a track bike or a show bike but ive already contacted them on that and it was like $4500 for the kit. i too would need another bike for the corners.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i bet those chrome grips are hot in the summer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts