TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I say they move to TL of the year.
Once a year is enough.
The TL is a dying Jap bike, sadly. They aren't making any more.
Once a year is no good, there's hardly any notice taken now, what about the tl awards, held every 3 months, gold, silver, and bronze awarded on number of votes, that way more bikes get recognition? Surely a better plan :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why not have a member/TL of the month where you post a pic of members bike and ask them to put a few words of what happened for the year with their bike and if they do not respond just have pic and their public Bio, guess a member/TL of the month who also owns a TL?

·
Registered
150 Posts
maybe the entry's should be like TLPlanet's. you can enter your own bike instead of someone else entering your bike, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
this site was the dominant one but i think The planet has taken over now . I was always on the zone in the past but these days its the other way round . pretty sure a lot went that way

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts

Not Steve's fault....or maybe it was. :laugh
It's always my fault :)

The rules might seem odd, but they were the original TLP rules before the 1st conniption, and they were carried over to TLZ. Also the rules were based on other popular bike bulletin boards of the time, way back when a lot here now couldn't even have a license ;) . TLP had a TLotM for a while after it was resurrected, and then it had a rest for a while due to lack of interest. When the demand came back, BBotM was created with a new format and rules. So far it has been successful.

One day TLotM might live here again, but not until TL of the year can get more than 60 votes FFS.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think the writing is on the wall.....

On a side note,

Steve, thanks for everything over the years, it must have been a test of your patience at times.
We appreciate all the effort you put into the TLotM and TLotY!

......especially TLotY of 2012!! :laugh

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Why not have the voting screen on a pop up that delays access to the site until a vote had been made. Or even an emai to members and vote that way. Most other forums I'm on email me if I haven't been there in a while, so this couldn't be much harder.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I usually voted on TLotM and TLotY when I have access to the computer and site. Me personally would love to have it back because it let me see what was out there and appreciate the work being done by members of this forum, I must say I have an account on the Planet which I haven't been on in quite a while, I spent most of my time here I like this site a little better because I am more familiar with it, plus for quite a while I couldn't post or ask question on the planet. I am an old dog and you know the saying you can't teach then new tricks. So I am begging bring back TLOM for this old dog.

Steve TLS how about putting up a survey to vote on who would like to have TLotM come back for next month base on the same vote and nomination time line and if there is enough interest bring it back in June?

Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
The members have voted with their feet.

It does not have the traffic that it used to have.

I have always voted but am excluded. (Open it up to all members)

Others that I have nominated were ineligible due to low post count rule. (Lower the post count rule)

A good open TLOTM could attract more much needed members.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The members have voted with their feet.

It does not have the traffic that it used to have.

I have always voted but am excluded. (Open it up to all members)

Others that I have nominated were ineligible due to low post count rule. (Lower the post count rule)

A good open TLOTM could attract more much needed members.
This guy makes sense.

Try dropping the nominations in between 1st and 7th and the votes for a week style and go to eg. Nominations in by end of month, eg, end March, peeps votes poll style throughout April, 1st May TLOTM FOR April is announced.
And yeh drop the min post count thing.:banghead
BTW, do subscribed thread at a certain point drop out, I was relying on that as I like many have a busy lifestyle.
As I just noticed I have no subscriptions any more. :confused

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
I think the rules are fine - I don't want to see the bike of some ego hunter who pops in then buggers off.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the rules are fine - I don't want to see the bike of some ego hunter who pops in then buggers off.
I agree that to have some commitment to the group (ie posts) does deter ego hunters however there seems to be a problem.

Same rules = no TLOTM/Y as interest/inclusion has dropped from the members and therefor the creator of the competition.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
i think you guys have missed the bigger point.

steve has mangaed the TLOTM for as long as it has existed.

you all have great ideas for why it should still exist ( no worries there)

but who's going to pick up the ball and run with it.

If you want it to happen then PM the site owners and put your hand up for the priveleges to be able to administer it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:stupid I cant complain its not happening - cos I'm not prepared to put my hand up and run it. If someone else does I'll vote.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts