TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a TLR project that has been sitting up for 4 or 5 years. I can do some basic stuff and figure out most things, but I am not massively mechanically inclined like a lot of folks on this site. So please be patient with me and if you could, db things down. Lol.

First.... what would you guys do before you turn it over? Like changing filters and etc.. Second, I jumped it to try and get power, but its not getting any power whatsoever. No sounds, no bezel lighting up... Nothing. If someone could maybe tell me everything I need to go through, that would be awesome. The bike has a power commander on it, but at the moment I don't know that much about the bike besides it supposedly having a practically brand new engine that was switched for the recall. After that it was started as a custom project and sat in a barn for years. Any help us welcomed!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Welcome to The Forum TLpilot607.
First, download a copy of the service manual and get familiar with Section 4 and Section 7. If you are going to take on a non-running TLR project bike, you will need to know how the electrical system and fuel injection system operate. It will save you a lot of head scratching later. On page 7-20 and 7-21 there are troubleshooting guides to step you through a 'no-start' condition. Have a look at those steps and test for voltages at the recommended points and let us know what you find. Please be specific in your descriptions.

There is also a good discussion with diagrams of the starting circuit on pages 7-10 through 7-12.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to The Forum TLpilot607.
First, download a copy of the service manual and get familiar with Section 4 and Section 7. If you are going to take on a non-running TLR project bike, you will need to know how the electrical system and fuel injection system operate. It will save you a lot of head scratching later. On page 7-20 and 7-21 there are troubleshooting guides to step you through a 'no-start' condition. Have a look at those steps and test for voltages at the recommended points and let us know what you find. Please be specific in your descriptions.

There is also a good discussion with diagrams of the starting circuit on pages 7-10 through 7-12.
  1. Thank you for the reply and I will definitely go through that online manual when I find it. Apologies on the vague title, this is my first post on this site. I've been registered for years and checked out some of the forums, but I never posted until now. Its good to see that this bike is still alive through sites like this. This was my very first bike years ago and I always wanted to get another one. The bike I purchased seemed like a great way to get back in, but it turned out to be more than I could handle. But I am willing to give this thing i shot to revive it. I always loved TL's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts