TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows if TLS/TLR cams will fit into a SV1000?

What about TLS/TR heads! Will they fit into to SV1000?

And what about TLS/TLR Pistons! Will they fit into a SV1000?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afriend of mine wants to get more power in His SV :)
So he need TLR/TLS heads?
What about cams are there any difference on SV/TL cams?
He wants a higher compression than 11,3, we thought that maybe the TLR pistons would do that job

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
IIRC the JHS 140BHP SV1k had TLR heads, high comp pistons (JE I think) and other stuff I'm sure. No clue how hard it was to fit the heads, but I'm pretty sure it had TLR heads one way or another. They probably bolt right up.

If you try swapping cams, watch the gear pitch/depth, TLR's differ from TLS's in that regard.

If its a pre 2005 SV it might benifit from 05+ TB's too:O

good luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have an sv thou sz k5.
"kicking around" in my workshop is a set of tlr cams and several (non pair vlv) early tls heads! this winter iam going to have a play! cos apart from the missing cam sensor lobe, i can't see why they won't go!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
That i will do! just bought a pair of gsxr thou (seperatley) akrapovic titanium cans, then ill modify the stock headers for better flow (mostly that bit around rear cylinder and under the chain run)
Airbox is going to get a beating too! going to move the filter up into the lid (whilst still having 100% filter open) to maintain airbox volume plus extend the trumpets on the throttle bodies. might add a baffle inside the airbox too but i don't quite know yet... see how it goes!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That i will do! just bought a pair of gsxr thou (seperatley) akrapovic titanium cans, then ill modify the stock headers for better flow (mostly that bit around rear cylinder and under the chain run)
Airbox is going to get a beating too! going to move the filter up into the lid (whilst still having 100% filter open) to maintain airbox volume plus extend the trumpets on the throttle bodies. might add a baffle inside the airbox too but i don't quite know yet... see how it goes!
Try to isolate from hot air to and make something that brigns cold air to airbox. that will give a boost too on the SV :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
i could run pipes up from the bottom (thru frame ala tls) other than that carefull "play" with the "dummy" front section of fuel tank...
any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts