TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have read in my previous thread i fitted a monitor and camera to my TLR so i didn't need to use the mirrors as much:devious . My next stage was to fit my 20gig personal video recorder to it. I started by taking the muffler heads off 2 of these

Then i fitted them into the rear of my under seat so it would pick up the great V twin sound in stereo

I then connected them to a preamp so it would boost the sound up to line in level

Between the amp and the P/C you can see my PVR which will record the sound and vision. Everything is protected from the vibes with foam and polystireen.
Then for the test, had to do it in the shed due to the Great British weather:banghead Only 4 mb long

As you can see and hear it's not to bad so far:devious Can't wait for a test run.

·
Registered
601 Posts
hehe, funny british people and their funny accents.:laugh

Might want to use the mufflers on the mics so you get less of the wind noise from the exhaust and such. Or turn down the gains, they might just up too high.

Are you going to try and get a forward facing camera as well?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
just FYI bro, im a Sr. Sys Admin... PLEASE put some type of foam below that Hard Drive device. weeks from now, that sucker is going to sound like this

grrrr clunk clunk clunk.. grrrr clunk.. With the vibrations of a TLR, and the road bumps, etc your hard drive heads are going to bang against the plates.. bye bye hard drive. if it was a memory stick, then it would be fine.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Posh Johnny said:
Coming to a hall near you soon, Paul Haydock and his mobile disco :lol
:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chelapa said:
just FYI bro, im a Sr. Sys Admin... PLEASE put some type of foam below that Hard Drive device. weeks from now, that sucker is going to sound like this

grrrr clunk clunk clunk.. grrrr clunk.. With the vibrations of a TLR, and the road bumps, etc your hard drive heads are going to bang against the plates.. bye bye hard drive. if it was a memory stick, then it would be fine.
I have some foam for it. i left it out so i could get a better pic. I agree with you about the problem, may look into a card set up:thumbup .

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Llamaguy said:
hehe, funny british people and their funny accents.:laugh

Might want to use the mufflers on the mics so you get less of the wind noise from the exhaust and such. Or turn down the gains, they might just up too high.

Are you going to try and get a forward facing camera as well?
The mufflers are on, they are between the inner and outer pannels. It sounds louder becouse it is inside a small shed. Will have to give it a proper test run when weather is a bit better:thumbup Being uk it could get next year:banghead :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posh Johnny said:
Coming to a hall near you soon, Paul Haydock and his mobile disco :lol
More like a mobile cctv bike by time iv'e done:devious

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The volume is WAY too high, pretty distorted. It will sound a whole lot better set quieter.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree it is a bit load but it was in a 6'x8' shed so it got a lot of bounce back off the walls. I will test it on road and see how it performs before doing any adjustments:thumbup

·
Registered
80 Posts
cant wait to see the finished product after your all done with it.:devious make sure you keep posting what your doing

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chaos said:
cant wait to see the finished product after your all done with it.:devious make sure you keep posting what your doing
Been out today, monitor worked pretty good. Did get a little dull when the sun cast shadows but was ok. Recorded a short video clip to show, was alot better on the recorder. Don't know why but once i copied it to the computer the quality wasn't as good:banghead Will have to play around with it. The recording is in reverse due to being flipped by the camera for imitating the mirrors look.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just viewed the video i uploaded, looks even worse now:O Will have to sort out my software:banghead

1 - 14 of 14 Posts