TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined the forum I am up in the Scottish Borders, anyone else in the area?
I had a mint R reg TL 1000s which I had to sell to pay some bills:(, I have just bought a P reg that has a very bright paint job!
The bike has had flat bars added and I am looking to get rid of the fairing all together and fit small headlight, I wanted to ask does anyone know if there are any speedo's out there that can be fitted instead of the large standard unit? Also the bike keeps showing the code F1 what does it mean:confused:?
Cheers
Allan

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Welcome Allan

Only the TLR clocks are smaller and retain all the practical neccesaties for a road bike.

I've tried the acewell versions but you don't have a temperature guage or working fuel lights

The TLR clocks need the pins juggling in the connector aswell a little electronic gizmo making to get the rev counter working.

The benefit is you get the dealer code/TPS display

Under the passenger seat there will be a white connector with a rubber cover, put a paper clip between the two connectors and turn on the ignition, the F1 will change to a C code, post back with that and we can help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi cheers for that, i made up a jumper wire and shorted across the pins, the F1 dissapeared and has cleared, no other code coming up. I did notice that the display next to the led display has a wee graphic with a, temp guage, oil can, and F1, is it mabye low fuel, I had the tank up on end mabye that did something. Cheers anyway, problem appears sorted. Still thinking about the way ahead with the clocks etc, the standard fairing has been modded to take the flat bars, might keep that.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
He's right....

Turn the key off, bridge the connection then crank the bike. The you should get the code, once you turn the key off again you lose the code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts