TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just got a tl1000s that does not start. I also saw the clocks dont come on and i suspect that could be the problem. Where do I start to look for the problem to see why it does not come on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! And congrats on getting a TLS.

First your thumbnail shows a TLR.

Second, get the manual.

And then tells us more details. Like does it turn over ? Does the fuel pump prime ? Does the battery have any power ? How long since it last ran ?

Oh and the most important post some photos lats of photos ;)
Coze we love photos :cool:
Hey it may not help but it does get attention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor turns over and pump primes and batery is new. And motor was done up and ran for a month and then batteled to start and then the clocks did not want to come on and then bike did not want to start up. And it is a tl1000s. The the pic was my first TL1000R.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Check fuses.
Check that you did not drain the battery trying to start.
And you may also have fouled the plugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuses was all ok. Battery is still over 12.8v in it. And the plugs was replaced when motor was done up. But will replace them again. But will the bike start upis the clocks dont have power to them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well if I where you I would stop trying to start the bike, until you find out why the clocks don't have power.

I never had that particular problem. Maybe others have.

Try and have a look at the schematic.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Inside the right hand fairing panel near the coolant header tank there is a large white block connector on the wiring loom. It is very prone to corrosion and could be the source of your problem. Pull it apart and look for green corroded terminals. A good clean or bypass the affected wires should get power back to your clocks. Check all the other connections too.

Reactions: TOOKA

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Also try it with the sidestand up incase the switch there is playing around. DAMHIK.

·
Moderator,
8,250 Posts
What Gazza said. And while you're at it clean up both connectors that are there. I think the othe rone is white. Save yourself form co ming back to it later when something else isn't working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I just got a tl1000s that does not start. I also saw the clocks dont come on and i suspect that could be the problem. Where do I start to look for the problem to see why it does not come on.
Hey there bud I did have that problem in that my indicators didnt work on the top fairing bracket under the clocks is a black box with 5 x fuses in it they control clocks and various other lights on your dash if you havent checked those already i got a 97 tl1000s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts