TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm after a full TL1000R gearbox in good nick as mine isn't too healthy, I'm based in the UK.

I've not fully disassembled it yet so can't be more specific at the moment.

I might be able to get away with an S or even SV1000 box, any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Ben

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a few engine and gearbox parts in good used condition.
S or SV gears will fit, some of the shafts are a different length.
Worth fitting a new oil pump and checking the big end clearance whilst its stripped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

That sounds promising. From my research I think the SV1000 parts are a more direct replacement(?), so I think I would prefer them. My input and output shafts are fine so I don't have a problem reusing them, it's just the gears and shift forks really.

Thank you for the advice, new oil pump is already in and big ends are on the cards for the next week I reckon. The mains look really good thankfully.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Gearbox wise the SV1000 gears and shift forks look pretty much the same, clutch shaft is longer to accommodate the larger SV clutch. The DL1000 has a different ratio on one of the gear sets so is not really an option. R or S gears will be fine, the issue on all is the amount of wear on the gear dogs which leads to the shift fork getting bent.
I would suggest you strip and inspect your box to determine exactly what's worn. It might be easier and cheaper to source new parts unless it a third gear issue where new parts are hard to source.
Update us once you have your shopping list..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts