TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought it not to long ago i was riding it turned it off and went to start it and nothign the fuel pump primes lights come on i just went and bought a new battery and nothing i ran it in dealer mode nad c000 came up with the light red next to the FI i cnat figure it out i checked the fuses in the box to the right of it all good please help.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Check the clutch and side-stand switches..............

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
:stupid
Also the connector blocks on the left side behind the fairing near indicator. They corrode dude :thumbup

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Start with the usual suspects... pull the clutch in... turn ON the kill switch.... put bike in neutral... lift side stand.... now try starting bike :thumbup

When you tried it in dealer mode, did you crank the bike for a few seconds to get the code? once you turn the ignition off you lose the codes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had a problem like that, the connector to the clutch lever switch had come loose.

I'm assuming that you mean when you press the starter the relay/solenoid isn't clicking in or the starter turning?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the stand, clutch and when i turn it on theres just one click like a fuse click maybe grounded out am gonna go check it in the am thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I checked the stand, clutch and when i turn it on theres just one click like a fuse click maybe grounded out am gonna go check it in the am thanks everyone.
The "one click" you are hearing is likely the fuel pump relay or the sidestand relay engaging. Still, a flakey clutch switch will prevent the starter button from activating the starter relay.

How did you test the clutch switch? Put an ohmmeter on it and activate it with the clutch lever several times. When the lever is pulled in the switch should close, and the meter should read ZERO ohms EVERY TIME - not 100 ohms, not 50 ohms, not 3 ohms - ZERO ohms whenever the lever is pulled in. Those switches can become intermittent, so activate it several times. If the switch checks out OK, then make sure the wire receptacles fit snuggly onto the switch terminals.

Also, while you have the meter there, check that one of the clutch wires is connected to chassis ground. The other wire connects to the Yellow/Black wire at the starter relay connector. Verify that connection too while you're at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it to click a couple times the clicking noise is coming from where the battery cables run to in that box to the right of the battery i checked the fuses in there and they are both good.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
How did you "check the clutch?"

There seems to be some click confusion here.....

I got it to click a couple times the clicking noise is coming from where the battery cables run to in that box to the right of the battery i checked the fuses in there and they are both good.
As Chris says, you are hearing the starter relay click. If so, then you are turning the key on AND pressing the start button. Correct?

Also, do this test and tell us the results. Measure the voltage across the battery (at the terminals) while you attempt to start the engine (while pressing the start button). How low does the voltage go?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Have you tried jumping it off from a car battery? My TL does all sorts of weird things when the voltage gets low.

C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts