TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any companies in Australia that do Titanium Nitriding or what ever that black coating is on the newer forks (forgot the proper name )

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
DLC - Diamond like coating (is the black).

I'm not sure if Electromold in Melbourne does it, they do frames and wheels.

:edit found their site, might pay to hit them with an email http://www.electromold.com.au/

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
If you need a middle man sing out, I'll help.

Merry Christmas to you too. (Gav's tossing and turning :laugh I'm just in from building a pushy, I think this will be the last year the real santa come here :()

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
In the states RaceTech will do Ti nitrade coatings, they may have centers in AU that do it as well:O

good luck, sounds like you've got some pretty trick stuff in the works:devious

If your just after stiction reduction and don't care about bling, there's this new stuff out that you apply yourself called forkslyk that all the MX guys are raving about. I haven't tried it yet so no first hand info on it.

have fun:thumbup

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the states RaceTech will do Ti nitrade coatings, they may have centers in AU that do it as well:O

good luck, sounds like you've got some pretty trick stuff in the works:devious

If your just after stiction reduction and don't care about bling, there's this new stuff out that you apply yourself called forkslyk that all the MX guys are raving about. I haven't tried it yet so no first hand info on it.

have fun:thumbup
It's just a mod of a mod but will use a 14mm Racetech bush and custom ported seal head that gets a oil supply.

The first one used mostly parts from a Ford Falcon Munroe shock :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Any luck with Electromold?

I can't think of any others, but if you want I could ask around. :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That's wild stuff Les! now if I could only make out what it is your building:confused

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's wild stuff Les! now if I could only make out what it is your building:confused

Any luck with Electromold?

I can't think of any others, but if you want I could ask around. :)
They could reply any second :)

There is another crowd (Sydney maybe) but i forgot their name who do replacement USD fork upper's and tubes which may have been Ti coated.

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Looks like they've got Kramer working the lathe :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

They could reply any second :)

There is another crowd (Sydney maybe) but i forgot their name who do replacement USD fork upper's and tubes which may have been Ti coated.
Clear as mud now:thumbup :hail

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Les, I found this

Company: CROWN KIWI ENTERPRISES LTD
Address: P.O. BOX 819, 11 MANADON STREET
NEW PLYMOUTH, - -
NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64(0)6-751 4550, Mobile +64(0)21-679 425 || Fax: +64(0)6-751 4551
Email: [email protected]
CROWN KIWI ENTERPRISES LTD is a Race Tech Center and also a Distributor
I know that in the states race tech will ti-nitrade forks/shocks - these folks may do the same:O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:doh well I'm sure you'll find someone to do it sooner or later. I'm sure you know this, but from what I've read TiN is really thin and is best applied over a hard chrome plating, not in-lieu of it - the idea being that it fills in the little pits and dimples in the chrome making it smoother (or so said an article in a MX mag).

good luck

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
:doh well I'm sure you'll find someone to do it sooner or later. I'm sure you know this, but from what I've read TiN is really thin and is best applied over a hard chrome plating, not in-lieu of it - the idea being that it fills in the little pits and dimples in the chrome making it smoother (or so said an article in a MX mag).

good luck

yeh your correct on that :)

www.electromold.com.au will best suit for raw/non chrome plated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts