TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up this track-ready tls last weekend but this is the first time i've had a chance to play with it and take pics

it's kitted with some sweet gear for the price i paid. the wilbers shock is trick!

it's got an unusual steering damper that i need to change. it's far too heavy and the short stroke is resticting the steering lock

there's a couple of reminders of it's racing past, this axle retainer...

...and an r&g toe saver

the reasets are quite nice too, i think these were fairly pricey back in the day

so there it is! i'll have to get a van to transport it to the tracks (the closest to me is Knockhill, about 150 miles away) and then i'm good to go:D

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Excellent!

You going to leave the 4 potters on?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe, i'll see how well they work first. i might swap them for the ap set-up on the other tl if they're not up to the task cos the ap stuff isn't really suited to road duty.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very cool:thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
good looking track bike.....love the colour and the race look:thumbup

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
looks great :hail

·
Registered
534 Posts
Usually not a fan of the Yellow TLS, but with the race plastics, looks pretty sweet! Should be lots of fun on the track :hail

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Looks good.
Another way to keep the axle and spacer together is drill a couple holes on opposite corners of the spacer and run some safety wire over the axle.
Works pretty well and is very simple.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
looks to be lots of ways to adjust the gearshifter :hail

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Nice!! What brand of fairings is that and do you happen to have a shot of the rear fairing/undertail?

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm guessing they are skidmarx or race products. there's no makers marking and i didn't get any info about them:O

i deliberately didn't take pictures of the undertail because it's just the stock item that's been cut up and doesn't look pretty!

·
Registered
603 Posts
sweet. might have to look them up here in the future. how do their prices compare?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think they're comparable to ohlins in price although this one has hi/lo speed compression damping and a degree of preload adjustion on the shock instead of the SOAS. i don't know if they make one for the tlr though...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think i need to go change my underwear...and i think i felt my wallet loose mass after seeing that...Do they have price options on the site?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thats what i figured. I saw that and have been poking around. I'm not into hardcore track days (yet) so i dont know if i would need all that functionality. I already sent them an info request :eek

1 - 20 of 25 Posts