TLZone Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Metzeler 190 on the rear , want to go to a 200 . Will it fit and will it be worth going a size up? The Metzeler is a great tire it's gets the job done for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My contribution to a site that has provided me with great info.....:devious

FYI for anyone looking for new rubber: CycleGear is running their special on the Pirelli Diablo's....$189/set for 180-55 and 120-70 OR $199/set for 190-50 and 120-70. The sale doesn't actually start until next Saturday, May 16th. You can pre-order now and they will ship between the 18th and 20th.

I snagged a pair myself from the WPB, FL store yesterday and the store manager said this will be the last time they run this promotion. (They've ran this a few times in the past.) For those without a nearby store, the SD link I provided quotes someone stating S&H was only $16......

Hate the tread design and was really looking forward to trying out the BT016's, but hell, who can argue with spending $50 or $100 less in this economy? From all I've heard, people seem to like them...hope I'll be another....:devious

Tires

SD thread

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I recently tested a Pilot Power 2CT 190/55 profile rear tyre in comparison to the traditional 190/50 size or 180/55. All these on a stock 6" rim.

First thing is WHOW that tyre is big. Diameter about 642mm, that's as big as the 190/55 DOT race tyres I'm using. You get a raise of the rear by about 1 to 1.5cm for free! But due to larger diameter, the speedo will be off. I corrected this by using a +1 tooth rear sprocket.

Impressions on street are very positive. Handling (compared to the same tyre in 190/50) is very good, very light handling, very stable on the gas and much reserve for lean angle. The latter is also a disadvantage, because it also demands more lean angle at the same speed. This can be a disadvantage on bad roads where you don't want much lean angle.
Definitely the tyre isn't good if you just want to show off, it's surprisingly hard to ride it onto the edge!

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am a novice rider. I am getting my apexes down, working on my counter-steering, body position, ect... My bike is in need of some new rubber. Here's the questions...

While still sharpening my skills and not being able to fully push the limits (comfortably) would the Pilot Road Street (considerably less expensive) be a better choice than the Pilot Road 2s? Price is a factor but I want to get a product I am going to be able to get the most out of.

Another consideration I feel important, is I do not ride to often maybe 100-200 miles a week if Im lucky. Mixture of highway and sh*tty farm roads.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts