Registered
748 Posts
www.dmtaonline.com
Has great prices on tires.

discount motorcycle tire & accessory.:hail

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just placed an order with www.swmototires.com I also ran through the motions with www.dmtaonline.com Problem with DMTA was that they are in Cali, so they were going to charge me Cali sales tax, where SW was not. Also, with SW, if you buy two or more, they do free ground shipping. Hard to beat that. I will report back to let everyone know what I think once I get the tires.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
oh ya, just FYI, dunlop's coming out w/ a new DOT race tire. i think the official name is a sportsmax something or other but it'll probably be dubbed the "209"
This the front tyre after 4 days in track...
umm...i'm pretty sure that' the rear tire unless you inverted your exhaust can :devious :laugh. must make some mad darkies when ya lock up the "rear" wheel w/ those dual brakes :laugh

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
as an update for anyone that didnt hear...dtma is no more. everything was seized by the tax man.

try swmototires instead

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Rhensports are my favourite, never let me down yet.......

Only complaint is they are a fully dry only tyre, I run both Rhensport Dry and Rhensport Wets.

The Dry tyres are a bit hairy in damp conditions when it's not wet enough for wets, they have no tread for the last inch of lean which means slicks at anything over 30 Deg of lean :banghead

For that reason I'm contemplating Dunlop 208GP's next

The wets are bloody ace, I've even done 6 lap sprint races in the dry on them with no problems :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
The new Dunlops are indeed the "209" I saw them recently at Hockenheim at the Dunlop guys trailer. I run the Metzlers myself, I do miss the Rennsport streets! I have ME Z1 Sportecs and they're great. Even hold up well to ham fisted track days!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to pilot sport from the stock 207s, now I've have the pilot power, awsome tire, heats up well, and stickier cold than the sport, (pulls wheelies in the rain he he). Just thought the info might be useful. Check out www.tireexpress.com got my tire delivered 134.00 for 180 rear.

Later::hail

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know what tires to get for a TL. Bike would be mainly for commuting, so not looking something super-sticky. Won't be doing any track days.

According to one of the earlier posts, here are the choices for sport-touring:

AVON AV45/AV46 ST

BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-020

DUNLOP D220

METZELER MEZ4

MICHELIN PILOT ROAD

PIRELLI SPORT DEMON
Looks like the Metzelers are discontinued. I've heard good things about the Bridgestones on other bikes, how do they fare on TLSs? Pirellis are about the same price as the Bridgestones, with the Michelins being slightly more expensive. I'm looking at www.swmototires.com for prices.

Who's got suggestions for me?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The Z-6's are the current metz sport tire and are reported to work very well. I've run the BT-020's and Avon's. Both are good tires, but the avon's are noticeably stickier and less affected by cold than the BT020's. Their profile also gives more neutral handling (i.e. hit the brakes in a turn and the bike doesn't try to stand up). Wear on both is good. I got ~13k out of my 020 and am on track to get at least that out of the avon's.

Oh the pirelli strada is their current st tire.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just an update, I've now got just over 13k miles on my AV45/46ST's in the last 8-10 months. They still have quite a bit of tread left in the center. Wet grip is good, dry grip is great and cold grip is the best I've experenced. Even on a 20deg F day I get amazingly good grip. At those temps my M1's and BT020's were pretty skaty.

·
Registered
125 Posts
G'day guys,
Does anyone have any experience with the new Dunlop Qualifiers.Apparently they have replaced the Dunlop 208's.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bump

P

·
0 Posts
I've got a pair Bridgestones BT-21 now, because the Metzeler M1's wore out really quick..I'm pretty happy with the overall grip and handling of the BT-21's :thumbup
Anybody know if I could use them for a trackday? I'm planning on doing one in september, to learn and to improve my 'cornering' abilities :laugh

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Supercorsa Pro's for me :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
After having some issues with trying to ride on my Pirelli Diablo Crosa's on a cold(50 F) night (front tire lock up under braking), I've decided that I'm getting new tires to go with my new braketech rotors(EBC rotors warped).

To cope with the lower temps and still get good performance I went with the Avon Storm STs that Bike Magazine recently reviewed against a lot of other sport touring tires, they are W rated so I can still go fast and the grip is supposed to be amazing :)

Size: 120/70 and 180/55

I ordered the set of Avon Storm STs AV55/AV56 from http://www.parts411.com $251.80 (2nd best to my door)

They were the cheapest before shipping but not after. I had a bad experience dealing with some other sties so I tend to go with places I trust now for ordering. I also looked at these places:
http://www.swmototires.com (best to my door) $250.90
http://www.ronayers.com (3rd best to my door) $257.36
http://www.tireexpress.com (4th best to my door) $263.58
http://www.tiresunlimited.com (5th best to my door) $271.34

I'll tell everyone how I like them once I get a few miles on them in the fall weather out here in CT.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts