26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire Info

Tire Test Info Clicky

Places to find good buys on Tires

http://www.dtmaonline.com

http://www.parts411.com

http://www.ronayers.com

Sport Touring: When mileage is as important as performance.

AVON AV45/AV46 ST

BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-020

DUNLOP D220

METZELER MEZ4

MICHELIN PILOT ROAD

PIRELLI SPORT DEMON

The latest sticky buns for street use.

AVON AV49/AV50 SP

BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-010

DUNLOP D208ZR (DUNLOP 218 Comeing soon)

MAXXIS SUPERMAXX

METZELER ME Z3

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT

PIRELLI DIABLO

High-Performance Sport: Street riding with the occasional track day.

AVON AV49/AV50 SP PRO

BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-012SS

DUNLOP D207RR

METZELER SPORTEC M-1

MICHELIN PILOT RACE H2

PIRELLI DIABLO CORSA

DOT Race: The ultimate in grip for the track.

BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-001

DUNLOP D208GP

METZELER RENNSPORT RACE

MICHELIN PILOT RACE S2 and M2

PIRELLI SUPER CORSA

LINKS

Bridgestone:

www.motorcycle-karttires.com

Avon:

www.avontires.com

Continental:

www.conti-online.com

Dunlop:

Company Information and History

www.dunlopmotorcycle.com

Maxxis:

www.maxxis.com

Metzeler:

www.metzelermoto.com

Michelin:

www.motous.webmichelin.com

Pirelli:

www.us.pirelli.com

Tire Test Clicky

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mabye its just me.......but your writing in silver.....no good. I can barely see anything except the links.

T

·
0 Posts
tlxsess said:
Mabye its just me.......but your writing in silver.....no good. I can barely see anything except the links.
:stupid

Did you intend for it to be highlighted?:O

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
FWIW, you forgot 208GPA.

if you're listing compound, pirelli and metzler come in SC1/SC2, RS1/RS2 (supersoft/soft). also forgot H2 for pilots (which means "highway" NOT hard, compound is actually softer than M2). GPA's also come in compounds though most will get the 240 (hard)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Colour changed :thumbup

·
Registered
313 Posts
thanks alot hotrod i've been lookin to geta new tire (picked up a nail after 1,000mi on a brand new 208) and at parts411.com they've got some real good prices on dunlops (142.00 shipped for a 190/50/17) thanks again

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ceck out swmototires.com . I just got a set of metzler M1's to my front door for about $224. Best I could find on the pair....

Kieffer

·
Motarded,
1,127 Posts
You da man Shannon (even though you do ride a Yammie) :2finger

Thread stickied :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
SWEET one thing I need more of is tires cheap tires. My TLS eats tires :pissleft

·
Registered
2 Posts
In first week of Jannuary I went in Spain, to Cartagena for 4 days in track and I used Michelin Pilot Race S2 front and M2 rear. These are good tyres but they have a problem, long long time to become "hot" and little time to became "cold"... but when they become "hot" they are chewin-gum!!! And the handling is better than the older...

This the front tyre after 4 days in track...

...and this the rear...

...in future I would like to try Pirelli Dragon slick or Metz Slick, someone told me which these tyres are similar a road tyres.

CiAo :) :) :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
just to keep up to date with the tire info. michelins new pilot powers are proving to be a good in between tire. i ride the n ga mountains every sunday with them, riding about as hard as i can, they give full confidence and they are a fairly soft compound so getting them hot is a quick process. once up to their heat cycle, they got a whole lota grip. im running a michelin hpx in the rear and i get a little slip and slide coming out of corners, the front has the new power tire on it and its not slid out yet. dunno, just thought i would share for those who dont want to pay the bigger bucks on race tires. enjoy and good luck. oh and just for background info ive run dunlops and even bridgestones, killed them way quicer than my michelins and didnt get nearly the performance. later

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the info. your da man. I heard that for the TLR METZELERS are one of the best for street use. What do you guys think.

H

·
0 Posts
we need a road comparison test of m1 sportecs, and others, like the dunlop 208..

there has to be a mag article that someone has that can scan it and post it here...

and yes spawn, put a set off M1 sportecs on your tiller and you will be happy. i love my sportecs

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
TIRES I need to buy a set and I'm having trouble deciding. Most of my riding is road but I love the curve and I need a tire to grip on the curves. My current tires are Metzlers 4 and I do not like them but I have worn them out already and I also had a 110MPH crash on them. I don't know if it's the tires fault but because of this I don’t want this brand of tire again. I'm looking for a tire to provide roughly 2-3000 miles of street use but with some hard core cornering toss in the mix. I might also at some point take her to the track

My bike is a TLS 1000

What tire set should I buy.

P.S. I’m looking over all the other links as well but please someone give me a sound decision.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts