TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TL1000R forks for the 02 sv650???

Hey guys, I'm building up my wife's 2002 sv650, and my TL1000R forks (and triple clamps...) look like they would drop right on the sv frame. Does anyone know if this will work, or if they can be mounted with a bearing kit like the GSXR forks can?:O

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey you guys, does anyone know if the tiller forks and triple clamp will fit the generation 1 sv650? I am modding my wife's sv, and my tiller forks look as if they would drop right on there. They both use ball type bearings instead of the tapered jobs, and the frames are quite simular. Anyone? Thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
mate pm oldtlsdoug he did this mod to daughter's bike but i think he used tls fork's

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
TLS forks are the business for an SV, go to Twin WOrks Factory and buy a bearing kit from them. Zoran is an SV savant and will tell you everything you need to know. I have lots of pictures. I stiffened up the TLS forks with TLR valving, TLR springs (.934 vs. .71 for stock SV) and added Busa spacers to get that perfect mix. The things work great and we are running TLR brakes (6 pot Tokico's) they are awesome. Made a nice mod the ride height is about the same.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
The steering stops on the TLR triples would be the only thing (that I can think of) that would be a pain. They are different than the GSXR, SV, TLS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ryno said:
The steering stops on the TLR triples would be the only thing (that I can think of) that would be a pain. They are different than the GSXR, SV, TLS
you could use metal screws to create new stops if needed and grind others down if in the way

note: according to Zoran and many others... the 6 pot calipers are overkill on the SV and just add more unsprung weight... everything I have read and heard says the 4 pot calipers work just as well and weigh less

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think the better choice is a set of forks from the 96-99 SRAD 750. The upper triple tree has the lock set in the center like the SV, so with very little work you can lock the bike. Also these forks use 4 pot calipers, and the stock springs are pretty close for a 170 - 190 pound rider. You'll need a GSXR wheel in any case, and need to relocate speedometer sensor, either to the rear wheeel (a mod I came up with) or on the front. I did this on my 2001 and it was very easy and made a huge difference.

Check SOCALSVRIDERS.ORG for a bunch of threads on these mod.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
The TLS upper had the lock in the middle, the stops are just like the SV. I mention it because it seems as if you missed it above?:coocoo

·
Registered
47 Posts
It made a difference

I really liked the mod. It made the whole front end feel better. Once we fixed the front suspension, I noticed that the rear suspension needed improvement. So dad put a penske on it...It's perfect for me now...Yeah it's definately a great way to improve the way the SV rides!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts