TLZone Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Glad your Ok, well not OK but still alive. Keep up wiht your theropy but don't rush it, you may prolong your recovery.

·
Registered
468 Posts
CRAP! At least you're still among us, count your blessings.

What really surprises me is no 'this thread worthless without pics' tags about your new titanium:laugh

Get better soon, but don't rush it. You may get on it sooner, but you'll pay in the long run, trust me on that one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
damn man, ouch....
sorry to hear about the crash, glad youre on the road to recovery. take it easy.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hey thanks a lot everyone. But to answer a couple questions, I was wearing a Joe Rocket leather jacket and gloves, ARAI helmet(with barely a scratch on it :confused ), boots and jeans. I crashed in the Alpine mountains. And yes, it took me over a month before I could bend my leg 90 degrees at the knee. It's gettin pretty close to normal now, but I still can't squat down. Still hurts like hell:scared All I think about is gettin another bike, why aren't I scared of it now? There are people so scrared of bikes that have never even been on one. And a lot of times, one crash breaks a lot of people's spirit. Shouldn't I be worried about riding again? Oh well...........who knows.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Chingus said:
Hey thanks a lot everyone. But to answer a couple questions, I was wearing a Joe Rocket leather jacket and gloves, ARAI helmet(with barely a scratch on it :confused ), boots and jeans. I crashed in the Alpine mountains. And yes, it took me over a month before I could bend my leg 90 degrees at the knee. It's gettin pretty close to normal now, but I still can't squat down. Still hurts like hell:scared All I think about is gettin another bike, why aren't I scared of it now? There are people so scrared of bikes that have never even been on one. And a lot of times, one crash breaks a lot of people's spirit. Shouldn't I be worried about riding again? Oh well...........who knows.
You know bro, when I wrecked one of my bikes, I was back on it in 2 months, in fact when the cop asked me if I needed any medical care, I said, "Hell No, I am a paratrooper for a living....that was kinda fun, and if I didn't have to spend $$$ to fix it, I would do it again!" Everyone learns from their mistakes, if you ever have another wreck it will more than likely not be the same way. Just get back out there and be careful. If you are a TRUE lover of bikes, nothing will keep you down!:cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to hear that dawg, take care of that leg and you'll be back ridin' by next spring!!
This definitely makes me realize that " Riding Motorcycles is Inherently Dangerous..."

Heard that somewhere...

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro! Best wishes with the healing process, take it slow and you'll be good to go :thumbup I broke my femur, tibia & fibula in a wreck once...now I'm a weather forecaster for life.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Glad you are getting better.

Isnt there an easier way to get lighter. Diet, workout, goof around, but Titanium instead of bone that is a new one. if you are headding that way it is much easier to do this on the bike instead of on you. Anyway get well and keep riding.

Oh yeah welcome to the club as we all know there are only 2 kinds of riders. Those who have crashed and those who will.

:confused

·
Registered
306 Posts
We've had 5 mates crash 7 times in the last 3 months. Fortunately only one was serious.
Always ride fast.
Always ride safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here and just trying to figure the site out but can anyone tell me if there are any differences on the TL1000R from year to year? Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
... can anyone tell me if there are any differences on the TL1000R from year to year? ...
100% universal from year to year. Bike was never changed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok thank you I just purchased a 98 and was curious. I hear one change was in the clutch though? A plate was added to my understanding?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tiller Down.

I guess the basket is identical with more plates which are slimmer so all years can accept it if wanted. I’m just trying to see if there was anything else but there’s no info lol

41 - 58 of 58 Posts