TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. It's been about two months since I've posted, but I've got good reason. On saturday October 4 2003, I was riding in the mountains here in southern cali with some friends. We were just about to leave when it happened. I lost control going down the way we came up. My rear tire hit some gravel and I ended up high siding. The bike was totalled, and I flew about 25ft. and landed in the road up ahead. I sustained two hematomas, a broken bone in my right foot, sprained right hand, a broken right femur(the worst), and plenty of rash on my legs. I was in the hospital for two weeks gettin blood transfussions and having tubes shoved up my nose before I came home. I've been walking without crutches for about a week and a half now. The Doc said I'd be on them until at least mid January but I'm stubborn I guess. Although, the 2ft. titanium rod in my right thigh has taken some getting use to. I'm not trying to rush this, but I'm sure I'll be on another Tiller by spring. My GF hates the idea, but this was my first crash in about 18 mos. of riding. Can't fall off the horse and never get back on it. Ride safe everyone, I'm just happy to be alive. It could have been a lot worse.....

Chingus

·
Registered
162 Posts
sorry to hear that chingus I wish you a speedy recovery its a wake up call for me I think we all need to be reminded how easily a nice ride can turn into a hospital visit get well soon

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Shit that's no good at all, glad to hear you're recoving OK though. Not rebuilding the bike? Insurance took it?

Umm, still waiting for the good reason as to why you weren't posting for the last 2 months :confused

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Damn. :dowhat

I made it to the soft bean field when I fell off. With all those injuries it's good to see that you are still breathing and here to post. Don't let anyone stop you from gettin another bike. I almost stopped riding after my off road trip because of pressure from my mom. Lifes short, and having fun is what it's all about.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Damn, I was wondering where you were.
Sorry to hear about your crash man. Glad to know the recovery is coming along.
Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Good to see you're recoverying well and getting straight back on the horse.

Can I ask what sort of gear you had on when you went down?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow man, I hope I would feel the same as you after such a crash.

Good luck with your recovery and new bike search:devious

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash, man that sucks but your recovery is positive.. Get back on a bike! I know what it's like to be tossed. I got back on and still riding 15 years later.
Look on the bright side...you got some :bling with the titanium rod in your leg and I only ended up with a couple of stainless steel plates in arm.

S

·
0 Posts
:scared Holy crap man! Good thing I didn't call you for the ride tomorrow eh???

Hope you get well soon and take your time getting back on a bike...We're all glad you are okay :thumbup

:bawling but that poor sweet TLR.....RIP

·
Registered
450 Posts
sorry to hear than man. glad you werent injured more or even worse.. the bike is only a bike, you can always get another or rebuild it but your life isnt. get well soon!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
:dowhat get well soon bro

bikes will come and go, just glad you're still here with the living

no more :bling tiller :bawling

Now the important questions, any good drugs :devious

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Get well soon.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts