TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Have finally managed to save a bit of cash after christmas so am looking to get a shock for my TLs project, was thinking on Hagon, whats everones experience with them? where is the cheapest place to get one?
Thanks in advance:hail
Seumus

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
I've had a Hagon on my TLS for a couple of years and been happy with it.

It only has one adjuster for combined compression/rebound so there is a limit to adjustability, but on my road bike it is a big improvement over the rotary . . .

I got mine direct from Hagon :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, for the quick replies! Can you get on with rebound/comp adjuster seperate. I take it you only get the shock that replaces the rotary and you keep the SOAS?
Sorry tls newbie!

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
When I got mine they only did one shock for the tls, yes it replaces the rotary and you keep the spring on a stick.

I notice your tl is a track project, in this case i would look to Ohlins/Maxton/Penske/Wilbers for a better, more adjustable solution . . .

But if you're broke, the hagon is still better than the rotary doorstop :laugh

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah am trying to keep it cheap, poured enough money into my GSXR! Doesnt need to set the world on fire, just give consistant damping and I am happy :)

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Worth looking on ebay for s/h ones, I got a TLR Maxton for £200 awhile back.

could be a time before something turns up though

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Have you had any experience with the wilbers stuff?
do they do a direct replacement for the TLS?
I don't think they do, actually

I preferred that bigwigdiver bloke, he wasn't as sharp as you :laugh

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Pretty sure Rufer has a Wilbers on the TLS he races.When i bought my Hagon i dealt direct with Peter Leech at Hagon,great bloke and even rang me down here in New Zealand to see what i thought of it.:thumbup

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I have one for my TLR and very happy with it. As mention though there are better ones out there but at a price. I got mine from Hagon direct but since found this site which was a bit cheaper. You need to email them to get a price.
http://www.bike-revival.co.uk/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah have seen that on the Bay, just a bit to expensive for me to spend on the old TL though,I am a Scotsman and am trying to keep it cheap....plus the shock would almost cost me what I paid for the bike! Thanks for the heads up though.....anyone got a second hand Hagon :devious

·
Registered
262 Posts
your about 2 days late there was one on here from a bike being split for parts.

·
Registered
262 Posts
its a really good alternative, im pleased with mine anyway, really happy with how much of an improvement it makes to the bike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts