TLZone Forums banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
PayPal sent.

RIP Joey. At a loss for words. Our support says it all...

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Thanks Brian, for posting. I knew there had to be more to the story, your version makes a lot more sense compared to what the media played out. That station should be sued for not representing the facts of the accident, instead, grossly misleading it's viewers to hate motorcyclist even more. In fact, I'm going to contact them and give them a piece of my mind. I encourage all others to do the same. Let's let them here the rumble of motorcyclists from around the world, damn media.

We all knew speed was a factor but we did not know about the car which blocked Joey’s view and the media intentionally edited this portion out or failed to identify it in the report in the first place. The outcome would have been the same even if they broadcast the whole story by instead they chose to mislead the viewers and plant mystery into facts.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Very sad news! Godspeed bro!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Duken4evr said:
I lost my father 13 years ago
I lost my Dad in 1993.He was admitted to Hospital,i had a 67 mile drive to get there..i was 3 minutes to late.
It's off topic a little but i did read something in another of the threads for Joey..... I did not have any kind of problem,but if you do have a falling out with Parents,Siblings,please make up..it is to late when they are gone.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
RIP Joey. May my small contribution assist those you leave behind.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't even know what to say. I think my thoughts would echo all of those above. RIP Joey and best wishes to the the family.

I'm never riding without full gear again.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Wow. I never met Joey, but I chatted with him a few times over the last part of the summer. I asked him to show me some riding spots around Kentucky, when I re-located here from Colorado. We chatted back and forth qute a few times, trying to get our riding schedules together, but it never happened. I did not know about the accident until tonight. I was going to send him a PM to see if he wanted to ride tomorrow.

I too had a similar accident about 20 years ago, and despite the many broken bones and being drenched in gasloine, it was my Simpson helmet that saved my life. I swore I woud never ride again, but my dad talked me into getting back on it to overcome my fear. He told me that if I chose to not ride again, it was my choice, but being afraid to ride was not an option. Although my mom hated him for that, I always admired that in him. No words could ever take away the pain his family feels, but he one thing we can all appreciate is that at the time he died, he was doing exactly what he loved to do...ride. We all know what we are up against. The reality is, no matter what we are doing at the moment, when it is time to go, we will go. Nevertheless, it is a sad day when we lose one of our own. All of his family, friends and loved ones will be in my prayers.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts