TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE LOST ONE OF OUR BROTHERS TONIGHT GENTLEMAN.

Joey Talbot, AKA Luminarystl passed away this afternoon in a high speed motorcycle accident at 4:42 this afternoon. Tracy called me a minute ago and very emotionally told me. MODS! Please if there is a way block this from view to Joey's computer...His daughters I do believe use his computer and do not know yet this has occurred.
I am in shock. I just spoke to Joey yesterday on the phone. He was a terriffic guy and a pretty good rider. He had his gear on. His quick release helmet strap broke. The new coat he was wearing was in unmarked condition also. But he had may major broken bones and passed away due to trauma instantly.

:bawling :( I will always know Joey as a good friend and a very happy Man that had two beautiful daughters and a family that Loved him very much. I dont know much more at this point...Other than the Motorcyclist that Joey hit also passed away. I dont believe I knew him.

R.I.P Joey, You will be sadly missed.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
:( RIP Luminarystl. Very sad news.

(I can't lock out a single thread)

·
Registered
395 Posts
That is awful. Another rider down. At least he was wearing his gear to do everything he could to limit the possibility of this happening...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joey was one of our very own Planet Members here and posted quite regular. I have spent a fair amount of time riding with him also. He was a faster and more talented rider than I. I am good, he was better.
This really opens my eyes wide. He was riding his Busa. Someone stopped or turned around in front of him.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I wish I had seen him...Maybe things would be different. N2 was only here last night and flew back today. The weather was cold and awful yesterday and Joey had mentioned meeting us in Lexington which is 100 miles south of me too. And about 60-100 miles North of Him. But nothing was really planned. It was a pretty day and thousands of motorcycles were out today everywhere but I was working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
brian i tried to email you through here to let you know im sorry to lose a friend and that you had to do the same.but rest assured he died doing what he loved to do ..and we will all ride again someday ..its a tragedy in my heart but at the same time i cant help but see him with a grin on his face call me if you like my number is in the email i sent you earlier

later bro once again im sorry

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thoughts and prayers to family and friends

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
wow didnt he just get that busa?

we need to step up and send flowers or something

is that possible......

RIP Bro

i was on my way home tonight and i saw 2 motorcycles on there side and cops and amublances everywhere

be safe......

i dont know what to say

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Damn.
With zx6red though... He died doing what he loved.
Never the less, it's very sad that we've lost another brother.

RIP Luminary
:(

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought my TLR from Joey. Joey your a stand up guy and I only met you twice and talked to you many times on the phone. I could tell just from talking to you that night in october that you were a honest person. I regret that we wont get to ride together here on earth but I will point my bike to heaven in rememberance of you. We will ride together one day along those flowing streets in the sky. Even though we didnt know each other as close friends I still consider you a friend and a brother. Your rideing in a better place now my friend. You will be missed.

Tracy my prayers and thoughts are with you and your girls.

·
Registered
671 Posts
wow, this is really close to home he was one of the regulars here, nice guy.

Rip Joey

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
RIP bro.Sucks that something we all love so much takes many of our buddys away from us.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
we need to step up and send flowers or something
that would be a real nice thing if we could,i cant do much from over here but will contribute through paypal if someone can organise something. [/B][/QUOTE] Last year someone passed and there was a pic of a flower arrangement that spelled out tlplanet.I think that is least we could do.TIme probably would be a problem for us to get it all sorted out so fast.And those super close too him on the board may not feel up to organizing this.I vollenteer to collect the cash and send it to the place to get this done. If i knew more about where to get arrangements and how to get what we want i would do the whole deal.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts