Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: Space Jockey

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He doesn't mention a lot of things, like how the TLR is faster in all speed tests. Too busy sucking on the RC's cock.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
He doesn't mention a lot of things, like how the TLR is faster in all speed tests. Too busy sucking on the RC's cock.
Actually I agree with what he is saying. He's not really slagging off the tlr as such just stating facts.
Nearly all of what he is saying is actually true Josh.
Doesn't stop the TLR/TLS being a modern classic though.

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
whatever he says he has not considered the sum of the parts.
IMO the sum of the parts of the TLR makes it better to me, but tastes differ.
he obviously prefers a soulless Honda.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I saw this video a while ago and left my thoughts in the comment section. His video is full of myopic half truths and tropes mined from Wikipedia then spun into a narrative that validates his SP2 ownership.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually I agree with what he is saying. He's not really slagging off the tlr as such just stating facts.
Facts you reckon? I saw a fair amount of spin and fabrication intermingled with the odd misrepresented factoid in support of a narrative, but each to their own. I suppose if you squint really hard and don't question his premises, swallowing his conclusion isn't too much of a stretch. Not for a moment suggesting the TLR isn't a flawed bike, just that not for the crap reasons he offered. I suspect his recent purchase of a Honda SP2 may have skewed his objectivity somewhat? lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
It's funny how all those reviews always look at the track and not the overall use of the bikes, most riders use the bikes on the street and the TLR was way better on fuel and comfort. I actually was going to buy the Honda and a friend of mine told me not to because of the fuel and comfort, I tried his RC51 bike and I agreed with him and bought the TLR instead and now I own 3 of them. I also love the looks over the Honda.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Interesting reading in the Aprilia forums. Hard to find anyone there with a positive word for the VTR/SP.

Stylistically the Honda may have some boxes ticked but in practical terms they seem to lose out in just about every category. My own experience with Hondas is that whatever they make their seats from it transforms into a plank after 20 miles. Not so with any of the Suzuki's I've owned. I've met plenty of VFR riders who will testify to the same thing.

The article makes a fair point about Suzuki not backing the TL in racing but in terms of sales volumes the GSX-R brand needed protecting. I think things were tight in terms of R&D money and they didn't want to dilute the success of the gixer. Something of a shame as the TL motor had the basis of a seriously good machine. With a bit more love from the factory history could have been very different.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've personally always wanted a CR as an addition to the collection, but I'd never be nieve enough to say it stomps all over a TLR. Handling, suspension, looks maybe, but opinion is far from fact.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Don't get me wrong I'd have a tlr any day over the Honda.
I sat on an firestorm before I bought my "s" in 1998. Hated the seating position and it felt so small. Sat on the TL's and I was hooked without even riding one. The rest is history.
I have many mates who see an sp1 or an sp2 when out and about and they often say I'd love one of those. Not many say the same when they see a nice tlr. They listened to all the hype and are aware of the Honda's racing pedigree as well and don't have minds of their own.
They don't know what they are missing.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't get me wrong I'd have a tlr any day over the Honda. ...
For the record, I can only go so far as to pit an RC against a TLR in this discussion, apposed to having an outright Honda vs Suzuki comparison. I'd trade my TLR for a 96-99 Honda Fireblade in a heartbeat. They're just way too sexy [img= class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/uhoh.gif[/img]

IMG_1935.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
I had an early @blade before I found V-twins and it seemed a great bike to me.
Then I later had a Firestorm and liked that a lot.
When that got totaled I bought the TLS and enjoyed that even more.
Later on I was out at the Isle of Man TT and I swopped my bike for a few runs over the mountain with a friend who had the rhubarb and custard fireblade.
I hated it, having to ring its neck and keep the revs high seemed wrong and felt awful, I was glad to get back on my TLS.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the Fireblade is another one of those rarities in the U.S. I see more ads for the TLS than I do those. Damn Europeans get everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts