1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
damn :eek:mg

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Islam does seem to be the most peaceful of the bunch.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You don't think that perhaps a guy who makes his living by being sensational/obnoxious would write his own hatemail as a marketing stunt? Some if it may be real, but there's no reason to think it is really and even less of a reason to care:laugh

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I don't think he's making those things up. I don't think he's making a living of it either, how would he possibly do that? He uses very strong words and it reaches loads of people, so these threads could very well be real no?

But I agree with him on some stuff.

Religion isn't all bad, it does have a lot of "rules" that work very well to keep people in peace. Actually it might work better then the law. Because it can't be bend and dodged with a expensive lawyer and a lot of money?

But I don't think people need to be religious to be good. Religion can be a way out sometimes too, some people think they can't do anything about their situation.. preaching it will be done for them. Or that they need to behave a certain way to go to heaven. Why would you make such effort for something that might never be? Why not enjoy the moment while you can? Trying to become a better person all along..

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Religion can't be bent to fit people's needs, wants and desires?!? Man, that's EXACTLY what can be done to it, and why it's so bloody useful to control the masses of addled sheep that need to be told how to think cos they're too lazy to do it for themselves!
For every possible combination of beliefs, rules and dogma there's a religion that'll fit you like a glove ... and if you don't believe, follow the rules and bow to the dogma you'll burn in hell forever and ever :mad

Man doesn't NEED religion - organized religion - at all. Practicing religion in it's broadest sense isn't a bad thing but the problem is these fools feel the need to force it down everyone else's necks and push their obnoxious and evil standards onto the whole world. You'll find that the most psychologically unbalanced people are usually the ones deepest into the religion thing - that should tell you something right there ...

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Now I've listened to him ... he's pretty much spot on, isn't he :yes social commentator more than agitator :laugh

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Don't think for a moment that that stuff is unique to islam. I've read quite a few other listings of hate mail from christians to atheist bloggers that are very similar.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Religion can't be bent to fit people's needs, wants and desires?!? Man, that's EXACTLY what can be done to it, and why it's so bloody useful to control the masses of addled sheep that need to be told how to think cos they're too lazy to do it for themselves!
For every possible combination of beliefs, rules and dogma there's a religion that'll fit you like a glove ... and if you don't believe, follow the rules and bow to the dogma you'll burn in hell forever and ever :mad

Man doesn't NEED religion - organized religion - at all. Practicing religion in it's broadest sense isn't a bad thing but the problem is these fools feel the need to force it down everyone else's necks and push their obnoxious and evil standards onto the whole world. You'll find that the most psychologically unbalanced people are usually the ones deepest into the religion thing - that should tell you something right there ...
Maybe I put it up wrong, because I agree with what you are saying. It's the way it's been interpreted. Thinks like: don't do things to someone you wouldn't like being done to yourself. That is a pretty solid one.. but people who think they use other 'rules' right, for their own behalf, forget that it's not adding up with the other rule.

"Don't do things to others you wouldn't like being done to yourself" sort off covers a very very wide range of laws. And things that might not be a law for too. In a way I can see benefits.. who knows the entire law by the top of his head? While for a lot of things a handfull of simple bible like rules can be enough..

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Loki,

I think one of the best things about human nature is the ability to learn things through trial and error and/or be lucky enough to have been born with common sense or had it beaten into you.

There's no book for that - it comes from experience.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you fits into the common sense arena.
Getting your ass kicked from mouthing off to someone fits into trial and error. :laugh

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I'm not really sure what I think about that. It seems not everybody got the manual, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
So the idea of not pissing on someone else because you don't want to be pissed on (empathy) was only invented 2000 years ago?

·
Registered
352 Posts
that guy has obviously struck a nerve of alot of people. I dont bother argueing about religion with people just for the fact that people are so embedded into thier beliefs they can not be changed.
I worked with a guy that believed he would be reincarneted into a lamp. I laughed but he was serious, let people believe what they want and things will be fine. If he wants to be an arse or a priest, its not going to change what i believe or do in my life time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts