TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The music is very appropriate. Evidently he has a good sense of humor though :coocoo :laugh

http://www.tafsmedia.com/video/2008/crash.html

Perhaps a KTM 300XC is the wrong bike for him. Funny thing is, he drops it like it is a heavy bike. I would hate to see what he would do on a heavy beast like my DRZ.

·
Moderator,
8,250 Posts
:dowhat He does seem somewhat gifted in his ability to turn any situation into a fall. :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
he needs a quad :laugh damn he must have crashed on every place he can

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
What a spode:spit A 300exc is such an easy-to-ride bike they practically ride themselves (in stock form, modded out they can be a handful of course) - it takes true skill to make one look that bad. Typical orange bike rider (where's that poke smilie when you need it:laugh)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
WOW! This bike has its own will... No control at all...
Those trees ... ALL of them have marks from that guiy :laugh
Every little item becomes a huge obstacle for him... branch, rock, pebble... anything :laugh
Even straight lines are hard to keep :lol
I wonder if he can walk at all :rotfl

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Worst of all ECEA runs all classes at once. Meaning that spode was out on the course with the factory sponsored riders. My last ECEA race I was lapped 3 times on a 12 mile course and while I'm far from a pro I'm also far better than this poor fellow:laugh

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If a first you don't succeed, crash, crash again.....:laugh

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I opened this video thinking...he's racing enduros...he can't be worse than me. But wow! Holy crap, I can at least hold a line, and I know that goosing the throttle in bursts isn't going to get me anywhere but off the track. Wow...just wow.

Andy yea, a 300 isn't that bad. In fact, he'd have had a harder time on my 250 because the 300's are pretty mellow down low. My 300 riding friend 12 o'clocked my 250 thinking it would be weaker than his bike...and it is on the top end, but mine is more explosive on the low end. I'd hate to see that guy with any more low end on his bike the way he was riding.

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My last ECEA race I was lapped 3 times on a 12 mile course and while I'm far from a pro I'm also far better than this poor fellow.
Yes Josh, I think you are just a bit better than our man here. Honestly, I think my just learning to ride 10 year old girl and her CRF100 could smoke him. :lol

What a shame. That 300 he is riding is usually reserved for the more discerning riders (most of the masses go 4 stroke, myself included) and it is one of the best dirt bikes available as far as I am concerned. Ironically, a lot of his problem is he goes too slow. A certain degree of momentum is needed to clear obstacles. Someone get me a Dr., indeed!

A neighbor kid just got a TTR-250 to play on. I took a spin on it and what a plush friendly, if gutless, bike. Our man here should sell what is left of his KTM and get one. He would be better off :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I think he needs a pw80 or or something a wee bit taller but not a 300. No way would I have put that out on the internet.

we can say he persistent though

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
My wife watched about 3/4 and finally turned away saying "I can't watch anymore, does this guy even know how to walk?"

:rotfl

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:laugh Pilette asked the same thing!

Yeah, Craig the 300 is sweet. I'd likely end up on one if I moved to CO. Ordinarily I prefer the 200 or a 250 at most, but up there my 250 felt like a 200 with a weak bottom end - I think a 300 would feel like a real strong running 200 does at sea level - pretty much perfect:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Oh, I'd have a strong look at the EC300 to avoid the whole snobby-orange-bike thing :spit

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
Tough crowd. While I'm sitting on the laptop, he was probably out there having a ball. Who here rides trails like that without boots, gloves and a spare set of levers? If you're not going to fall no need for it. That looked like a lot of events 11 or 12 or something, not like it was the one day out.

Maybe I feel sorry for him because I was always bounced into trees, rocks, off the track, wedeged on logs, been submersed, fallen dodging bouncing kangaroos, broken 2 clutch levers in a day. No wonder I gave it away :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
hehe, I crash a lot too, but at least I'm going faster when I crash:laugh

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, to be fair, the video was a compilation of his 2007 season. Still, ya gotta admit, we saw the tops of his boots quite often.

At least they were all low speed get offs. It was hard to choose between the dirt road crash near the truck or the tiny fallen tree crossing but the tree crossing gets my vote as the most pathetic. The rock bounce crashes might have hurt some though :D

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I dont ride dirt often but Im still better than him :coocoo :laugh

1 - 20 of 45 Posts