TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things done/added to the bike...

Titanium powdercoated calipers and Duc 748 carbon caliper ducts...

Clutch cover with Vandriver's ring that has been partially powdercoated and a fresh set of retainers...

Extender's custom seat...

Entire left side to show contrast between silver paint and gold sprocket/chain...

:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
she looks fantastic man!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW that TLR always looks awesome. What the exhaust look like after the JEt Hot Coat?
Thanks!!:)

I should have taken some pics after I reinstalled the exhaust. It was all shiny and new looking. I say WAS because it now has melted boot rubber all over the collector pipe. With my size 13's, I can't help grazing the pipe when I ride. That is the reason I haven't bought a pair of Sidi boots. I need to come up with some sort of heat shield because there is no way I'm going to melt a pair of $400 boots.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
looks sweet man :hail :thumbup

·
Registered
145 Posts
very very nice:hail
i want those air intakes for the calipers:)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...:thumbup...taking good care of her...

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Damn Curt... Looking real sweet. :hail

·
Registered
180 Posts
okay okay okay... now I've seen this bike before and it's not really rubbed off on me... but that's looking nice... some very nice little detail that sets it off. I used to have a silver/grey TLR with silver wheels and I always wanted black (which I now have with black frame) and now the grass is greener on the other side again.

I think you need to add some more photos and add some descriptions, pricing etc e.g. that brake duct - easy to fit/pricey?, the drilled front mudguard, the single exhaust, where the lower arm from the subframe has gone, the wheels (which I've never really liked until seeing them silver on silver), the vents on the hump, the tank guard and whatever else thats been done :hail

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
looking good man :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Hey Curt, perhaps $400 boots wouldn't melt:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:lol

Good luck, For the recod I have ~50k miles on my current pair of A* boots and they aren't melted anywhere that I can tell. Most of those miles were on the TL as well (granted, its exhaust is a tad different than yours:D). Have you got motorcycle boots now? They generally don't melt nearly as easily as streetwear.

have fun:)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doc Martens, though they may be gas and oil proof, they certainly bow down to the fury of the TL1000R exhaust.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Curt
As much as I feel your pain about a burning boot I did get use to ridding the bike in a differant manner over the years. I had never burnt a boot ridding that machine. Track days or long rides. I did have a problem when letting others ride the bike though.
I stopped letting anyone ride the bike after the first guy a very good rider burnt his boot good...lol

One thing I did do after the first year was pop rivet a special carbon fiber heal protector on the heal of the boot. By the time I did this I had adjusted to ridding the bike without touching the pipe.

The first few times I road the bike I kept my heal on the rear peg but that left my toe so far out I would hit it on the ground. I just got used to it.

Anyhow I really like the carbon fiber brake ducks I always wanted them but could never find them. I am so glad to see them mounted on the bike I love it.

Here are a couple more pictures...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts