TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been having a particularly good time these past few weeks. This morning my wife awoke me as the covers on my bikes (not the TL, that's still in the workshop) were on the ground. I don't have a garage at present and, of course, it's pouring down. I knew they couldn't blow off because they are strapped underneath :O so I rushed out to find they had obviously been attacked by thieving scumbags!:banghead Both cover had been torn away from their straps. Both the GSX and the Volusia had wires torn out around the ignition switches , and the Volusia had a chrome surround ripped off and shrewn on the ground. However, these thick gits hadn't even touched the huge security chains that locked one bike to the other, oh no, they were going to hot wire the ignitions first and then - what? Moreover, and get this, they were attempting to hot wire the GSX with the wires from the heated grips!!!:coocoo
For reasons that could only be known to these cognitively challenged moronic lowlifes:coocoo , they then moved on to one of my neighbours cars, a nice lad whose wife just had a baby. They bent and buckled open the top of a door, opened his sunroof, got in, ripped his ignition wires out, smashed up his CD's and other items in the car, and left it open to the heavens so now every thing is soaked inside.

He called the police - their response?

'We might come out, but if we don't we'll call you for a phone statement and report' -WHAT!!!

Yes, this is what we pay for is it?:rant :rant This is crime fighting at it's best is it?:rant :rant F"£$%KING UNBELIEVIBLE!!!!!:rant :rant :rant

(sorry folks, just had to get this off my chest to someone)

Doc
This whole situation just makes me :puke :puke :puke :rant :rant :rant

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW (update) call was made to police this morning at around 08.45. Presently (13.20) and thus far no attendance and no call back.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Sorry to hear that Geof, glad they didn't get away with anything, what part of Southampton do you live then?.
It used to be such a nice place too

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Johnny, believe it or not I live in what some would call one of the 'better' areas (Woolston) but i'm not far from one of the worst areas (Weston). Southampton really is a great place in so many ways but, alas, like most towns and cities these days it has those areas and 'elements' that are not so good.

Posh Johnny said:
Sorry to hear that Geof, glad they didn't get away with anything, what part of Southampton do you live then?.
It used to be such a nice place too

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Woolston, nice spot but a Pain in the Ass to get to if I remember rightly.I have some friends and family in the area :thumbup
Brother in Law in Sholing
Ex golfing buddy in Woolston

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crikey, sounds you know the area better than me! I used to live in Sholing before I moved to Woolston. If your your ever in the area visiting drop me a line,and pop in for a cup of tea and a slice of cake:)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
That would be nice :yes no sugar in mine please.
Brother in law in Sholing is renovating a Yamaha IT, been in progress for 5 years now though, almost back to original now though

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Far more important for the Filth to lurk behind hedges & write tickets for pointless traffic infringements. I mean, what do you expect Dr Phibes? There's no money to be had in crime fighting is there?

:rolleyes

Signed,
Also dissillusioned with the plod

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Kamikuza said:
money to be had in crime fighting is there?
:stupid

Thieving bastard scum, they should have their hands cut off

·
Registered
909 Posts
Damn m8, dont sound like a good night, at least nothin went walkies thou.

Southampton is nice in most areas, but yer know what ya mean about others, worked that way a while back for a few months, also round the bevious vally way to. :)

Hope not gonna cost to much to sort ya bikes back out there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M3NF said:
Damn m8, dont sound like a good night, at least nothin went walkies thou.

Southampton is nice in most areas, but yer know what ya mean about others, worked that way a while back for a few months, also round the bevious vally way to. :)

Hope not gonna cost to much to sort ya bikes back out there.

Nope, won't cost much at all, just had to reconnect the wiring and small repair on a chrome cover. Trouble is, now i'm going to be up all night tonight watching out for the scum-sucking morons!:fire :fire :fire

(BTW, the police? 12 hours now and still not heard from them!:bash )

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry to hear that doc. Similar thing happened to me many years ago with a previous bike. Bike cover had been disturbed so I checked the bike and found that the ignition barrel had been forced. They must have uncovered the front, bust the barrel and then tried to take the bike off the centre stand, which is when they found the enormous chain on the back of the bike. Scum-sucking gits. What I wouldn't give for 5 minutes and a baseball bat...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MrsMiggins said:
Scum-sucking gits. What I wouldn't give for 5 minutes and a baseball bat...

Ohhh, mate, you have no idea what evil thoughts I have - I'd settle for two minutes, that'll do me just fine, that's all I need!

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had:banghead I suggest the baseball bat option:devious bet the police will turn up a bit quicker then:rant :rant :rant

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Snipe^^ said:
Christ Geoff ... your not kidding your not having a good few weeks mate :(

Sorry to hear , Winds me up big time :rant

Hows the TL comming on :O

Hi Daz, the TL is coming on slowly but has had to have most of the bottom end replaced - crank, rods, crankcases, etc. Luckily I had a lot of help from the guys here, especially Sam (Fiche-man) who has supplied my with a lot of this stuff.

On the up side it means the motor, when all done, will be as new, in fact better than new as I'm using TLR crankcases, uprated output bearings, output shaft, oil pump, etc. Also, using the TLR vented crankcase breather system, and other mods, such as the later cooling system and thermo, done as standard. Everything is being cleaned, measured, and replaced where necessary. All gaskets and seals as a matter of course.
Post discussions with Sam was thinking of putting in high-comp pistons, I have also had my eye on some ported and polished heads - but I doubt I will go this much further to be honest. Sprocket (tri-metal) to be changed (probably 40/42 rear), 6-pot busa calipers on the way from Speedking, uprated m/c already fitted, clear clutch cover from Rifleman, (thinking about Barnett), ATRE on order, PCIII (perhaps), rear hugger and other aesthetic mods done or being done.

Crikey! I never realised it was this much! :laugh Still, can't wait to get her on the road - if I can just get my bloody mechanic to work at something other than snails pace - a dead one at that:laugh :laugh

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
paul.haydock said:
Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had:banghead I suggest the baseball bat option:devious bet the police will turn up a bit quicker then:rant :rant :rant
You're not wrong about that mate, they're good at turning up to nick the victims I just wish they would nick the criminals now and again!:rant :rant

1 - 19 of 19 Posts