TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With well over 100 TLSs and 's in attendance over the 2 day anniversary bash in Donington one thing was rather conspicuous in its absence... What happened to the Yellow TL1000R? All other colours were there in abundance including some incredibly trick paint jobs, race reps, complete carbon bikes and yellow TLSs but not a yellow TLR in sight...

Were they a myth perpetrated by the Suzuki Marketing department? Were they actually there but appear to be moving so fast whilst stationary that they don't appear on camera? Did they all break down en-route and the bye-ways of Britain are festooned with yellow Suzukis? Have they all been repainted or are they just becoming extinct? :confused

Should Oxfam be doing an advert on this issue?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
well, I owned one for about 18months.... they do exist but you don't see them often.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
:confused

Red are the rare ones

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
In that case I'll start the bidding at $5200.00

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
wrong side of the pond mate! :laugh

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
It's a bit of a dodo really isn't it?

Let's just allow it to die out with some little dignity.......... :laugh

After all, we have the TLS.............................

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to Suzuki the Yellow TLRs were made in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003 making it the second most common coloured TLR. There are even two different yellow colour codes listed.

Red is the rarest followed by Black...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a yellow 98 back in 2006, i always thought the Red ones were rarer???

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I had no idea they were so rare across the pond. :)
About damn time we have something that they don't. And no Trump doesn't count. Send over some friggin Fireblades- I know y'all got a shit ton of em :rant

·
Registered
31 Posts
With well over 100 TLSs and 's in attendance over the 2 day anniversary bash in Donington one thing was rather conspicuous in its absence... What happened to the Yellow TL1000R? All other colours were there in abundance including some incredibly trick paint jobs, race reps, complete carbon bikes and yellow TLSs but not a yellow TLR in sight...

Were they a myth perpetrated by the Suzuki Marketing department? Were they actually there but appear to be moving so fast whilst stationary that they don't appear on camera? Did they all break down en-route and the bye-ways of Britain are festooned with yellow Suzukis? Have they all been repainted or are they just becoming extinct?

Should Oxfam be doing an advert on this issue?
Just bought here in CO. I'll probably not change the color. Also, glad to be part of your forum!

Attachments

·
Moderator,
8,217 Posts
The yellow ones were there. Being the fastest TLs, you probably just didn't see them...:coocoo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts