TLZone Forums banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Reloaded for real on FXP near the day low at $85.50 a share via pre set autotrade :devious

I need to think about shorting that thing once it gets above $104 or so :)

Edit. Sold out at $108 and shorted from there. See below :devious

·
5,503 Posts
Ahem. We seem to have one player who is in the lead and above the $100,000 starting point on the strength of a short ETF driven 19.9% gain today. Shoulda been higher but the VSE is slow. Avoided disaster though, as I sold and then shorted 1,500 shares of the China short ETF at just under $108 and right after my slow motion VSE cover buy execution happened at $106.28, it rocketed to over $109. High drama for sure.

Two days to go. I am not sure my stock trading heart can take it. The hell of it is, had I stuck to my "Nuclear Winter" portfolio guns throughout, I should have 150 grand in my account. What a squeaker and a pretty pathetic performance given my intent at the outset, which was backed up by a declining market.

Anyway, Stand pat or make another trade? It all depends on my man ProShares China Short fund (FXP) and if any of you 100K all cash boys dare get off the pot and actually do something. If not, it is not beneath me to do nothing from here on out and take the easy win with a mere $2,180.33 margin of victory :pirate

·
Registered
764 Posts
Those are some sweet gains there Duke. I should have kept my all of my shorts that I had.

·
5,503 Posts
I am a big pussy. I sold out to lock it in, but my short ETFs are going apeshit in pre-trade this morning. Oh well.

More disappointingly, I sold them for real as they neared their historical highs. Now new highs are being set. It is going to be an ugly day on the market today. Lots of data coming out though, could be some wild swings. I have a bunch of lowball trades in place just it case it does the tank and crank maneuver :)

221 - 225 of 225 Posts