TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
well the time has come the walrus said to speak of many things etc etc

not really . I'm sitting the international airport in brisbane and its 12.30 in the morning and its still 2 hours till the plane takes off, but I'm coming to england for a few weeks. I know I've just missed the BMF :banghead but I'll get around abit . I'll be in london for a few days then on a bus tour of england scotland and ireland and wales ( have I missed any out ?) then I hire a car for 5 days . will catch up with Sam around then . anyone around who is interested in a cuppa let me know and I'll se if we can catch up. I'll be getting a local phone card for the mobile when I arrive so I'll be contactable. I've left the ausiie one with the girlfriend so the rest of oz can get stuffed for 3 weeks:devious :laugh
Minor panic with the luggage as i thought I could take 30 kg . turned out only 20 but mum WAS travelling light . managed to off load 7 kg into her bag and get us over the line within lmits . just as well I didn't pack a jar of vegemite or a case of fosters.
running out of credit on internet kiiosk so i'll update you from the UK

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Have fun Stu

·
Registered
961 Posts
If your up north on the 3rd/4th October, we are sprinting on the Sat & circuit racing on the Sunday, at Elvington, 3 miles from Sam's house:) I'm sure we can fit you in, with a few bacon butties & a cuppa or 2:devious

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Hi Stu
Please don't forget my pressure plate....Might have to leave some of you luggage behind so you can make the weight limit on the way back!!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Let us know if you come to the South West :thumbup

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Have a great trip :thumbup

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
You'll have a blast Stu, just make sure you keep an eye on ya mum especially if your visiting any of those Pommie zoners :laugh Hope you packed plenty of warm clothes. 32 in Brissie at the moment, i'm guessing not quite that warm over there :O

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
High teens / low twenties here in the sunny South West of this sceptred Isle :devious

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
never knew what sceptred isle meant even when I lived there. but then I didn't get alot of Will Shakespeare, although I did A Level English. Stu no doubt will be doing Stratford and taking in a couple of RSC performances between attending hill climbs with Sam :dowhat

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you're in London on Wed, Thurs or Fri this week, I'm on a course at the Intercontinental Hotel - Park Lane, so if you fancy a beer and a chat about TL's :)
Best of luck meeting Sam, he's always out!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Dont forget to post lots of pics for us back here at the bottom of the planet stu :)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i'm here didnt know if this thread would get off the ground cos the internet kiosk locked up when it discovered whitepower in some text. never mind were here now. its monday I think and the f'n keyboard layout in the UK is a head F***
getting the hang of it slowly.
need some sleep basically 26hrs air time to get here and we left at 2 in the morning so now sleep leading up to it.
PM me your ph no's cos I'm in and around. post a better agenda when my head is working again . but in london till friday if I don't jump across to paris o'nite. the on a bus 12 days the got a car for five.
cheers lads . gotta fly.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Have a good time Stu :thumbup

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
will do muzz. took a zillion photos today. have got a pbucket account for the job but its just me and lots of toursit crap so far.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi guys
its friday am here and the internet cafes in kings cross are crap.
the hotel blocks everything the romanian one lunched my usb memory stick and the community one is linux based and has issues but is a bit of light in a dark space.

not sure where your up to but landed and had a great day in shep bush ( internet cafe and coffes great there) went to see la cage au folle at the playhouse . row 6 from the front and centre theatre top show and as the guest of the producer. ( 90 £ per head and free wooohooo ) good show worth seeing.

no comments here about the show content and how I came to get them gratis:doh

yesterday went to paris for the day. the tour was sold out but the first class was still available . so euro rail to paris !st class fed on the train etc etc . that sucker can exceed 150mph . went to the eiffel tower . boat trip on the seine and then to the louvre.
spotted a blue white TLR at the louve ( penske and fan mod iriium screen bluee white tank cover and rear seat . will post pics but who's is it . looks like a zoner from the mods.

saw the mona lisa. tiny picture compared to others around it. seriously ther were pics 12 ft high and the place is f'n huge. in total 18hr day and on only 3.5 hrs sleep. :banghead
today is a rest day then we move back the shep bush for sat night then on the 12 day bus tour.

will post pics when I find a venue that actually works.

I'm in IT and its f'n frustrating not being able to do the simplest things . can't even access the backend of my own web site:doh

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK so who owns this one.

outside the Louvre

the bear is rita bear . stu bear is similar but is at home taking care of rita.

rita bear has been f'n everywhere. so has a packet of corn chips but thats another story

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Sounds like your not going to miss out on much at the speed your getting around Stu .:laugh

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi guys back in london and going from kings cross to shepherds bush later today , then oop north for 12 days tomorrow. got a few piccies here
http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/slangfield/

went to a couple of pubs last night

guiness is a lot smoother here but pubs are not really my scene

had fish and chips ( quite good) with mushy peas. really I was raised whith mushy f'n peas and I just don't get it. what about a nice bit of salad. F*** me :rant :lol

prices here are excellent. all meals were less than £7 including a decent steak. thats about 15au.:banghead

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Nice one Stu, it gets cheaper the further north you get :thumbup

1 - 20 of 65 Posts