TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

I'm coming the the uk in September:banana

doing a 12day tour of england wales scotland and ireland then got 10 days to ourselves

I'm hoping to catch up with some of you guys and I'm also looking for ideas of things to do.

we have 10 days starting and ending in london , what to see what to do where to stay (cheap) hire car , borrow car (pay for use /money to be made here!!).

This space is yours . give me some ideas.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
When about's in Sept? If you're here on the 18th/19th/20th then that's the BMF tail end weekend. We can then teach you Aussies how to drink. :lol
It's held in Peterborough, which is about 1/2 way up the country, but as you know, we're not a very big place. :laugh

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
:dowhatWell mate all things considered you could check out the accomodation of your forefathers pre launch of the boat.:devious

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
18th/19th/20th
i'm pretty sure thats part of my free time:banana:banana

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
When about's in Sept? If you're here on the 18th/19th/20th then that's the BMF tail end weekend. We can then teach you Aussies how to drink. :lol
It's held in Peterborough, which is about 1/2 way up the country, but as you know, we're not a very big place. :laugh
Mate when he arrives best thing you can do is take him down the ole bill,save yourself a hassle believe me.:banghead

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Great stuff!! :hail Someone else to get into the shit as well as ourselves :devious

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Great stuff!! :hail Someone else to get into the shit as well as ourselves :devious
Too right, I was a bit disappointed that we only had 2 complaints against us this weekend. :laugh

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Bloody southerners, I'm 2.5 hours north of Peterborough and still only halfway up the country :laugh

Tail End show would be a good way to meet a lot of the UK guys in one hit, but you know you're more than welcome to pop in if your passing York on the way north to Scotland, we can talk Lathes, Mills and Engines :laugh

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
he'll be on Holiday Sam.............. not looking for a way out :coocoo :laugh

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Besides...................... other side of the Medway is North!!

·
15,415 Posts
Can you find Les and bring him over aswell, plenty of off roading around here to keep him happy whilst we work on the new V4 TL :lol

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Mate when he arrives best thing you can do is take him down the ole bill,save yourself a hassle believe me.:banghead
:stupid Ship him straight back to Australia where he belongs :laugh

insert comment about warm beer and cold weather :laugh

You could also pop down to France and see a bit of the Somme Stu the WW1 memorials are really awe inspiring.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Consider camping - it's cheap and well I thought it was fun :D
Be warned that any thing of interest - castle, museum, battleground, jumble of rocks - they've put a fence around and will charge you a tenner to have a look at it :dowhat
We loved Ireland :)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Bloody southerners, I'm 2.5 hours north of Peterborough and still only halfway up the country :laugh
Don't think it was too bad a guess considering I didn't look at a map. :)

2.5 hours!!! Perhaps you should learn to ride up those yorkshire hills a bit quicker! :laugh Or is that because you were in the van?

·
15,415 Posts
Or is that because you were in the van?
It was a slow drive, anything that involved corners or roundabouts had the empty contents of my stomach trying to escape again :puke

Unloading the 2 bikes out of the van and carrying the engine into the garage had me looking quite green :laugh

Anyway, Leeds isn't the top of the country and don't forget the little bit of Scotland above that if we're been fussy :lol

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Perhaps we should get Stu to do the cavalcade and talk to the judges, to show the cosmopolitan nature of TLZone.! :laugh
He could take Frodo's bike round! :fishing
:laugh

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Anyway, Leeds isn't the top of the country
:confused :laugh
UponTyne is according to my map :laugh
and don't forget the little bit of Scotland above that if we're been fussy :lol
Threads called "... does England" wasn't including sweaty land.
Only if we're being fussy of course :fingerlol :laugh

·
15,415 Posts
Perhaps we should get Stu to do the cavalcade and talk to the judges, to show the cosmopolitan nature of TLZone.! :laugh
Who did it this year ? Did I miss that bit ? I didn't even see the Arena :blush

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Who did it this year ? Did I miss that bit ? I didn't even see the Arena :blush
Nobody did it this year, Ted said he wasn't prepared to ask anyone to go on the tack after the scooters had torn it up in the morning aparently.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts