TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in some nice bling lately. I added a new set of Galfer front lines, I added Spiegler lines to Diana's SV and I got some other bling worthy of photographing.

Here is my newly installed (15 minutes ago) Vandriver Black Anodized Rear Master Cylinder reservoir. Nice clean part, it is the business. :thumbup and it weighs less than the ugly POS stocker. This is a perfect idea for the SV also, just have to wait a bit. :devious.

Click for big 'uns

Finally, Duken4evr's garage sale was good to me. I will team up with our good friend Lohman (Rifleman) and fully restore the Yosh cover. Should be sweet when we are done. Woo Hoo.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
nice find...will look sweet when done...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:thumbup can only be good

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
that brake reservoir looks great :thumbup what a cool idea :idea I've been way to busy lately :no I've lost touch with what is going on around here :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen you racing either sir. Did you notice I have my 3rd TL? :lol

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Good ol' Doug ... "I just bought another TLS. I probably won't mod it much apart from like suspension ..." :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Hey doug, just a thought -how about mounting a slider on the lower edge of the clutch cover (like on burncycle's bike). Would cover up the damage, add bling and make it more crash-proof:D

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Hey doug, just a thought -how about mounting a slider on the lower edge of the clutch cover (like on burncycle's bike). Would cover up the damage, add bling and make it more crash-proof:D
workin on it... looking for something like a bolt on crash cage/ Delrin slider for the clutch cover...

my brain is a feaverishly noodlin' to come up with a plan that will work. Might even trans over to the stock OEM's and Rifleman Clears so that iffin' ya was gonna do a track day....

you could bolt up some "clutch cover armor"

I know years ago I saw Honda offering a plastisoled aluminum doughnut that bolted on over the crank covers. "engin sliders"

pish posh, tis but a scratch. I'll give that cover the full blingdafacation:devious Doug wants to keep it solid (no window) but I'll get the paint and detailing up to the "Basinger Standard"...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds awsome R-man. Just a thought on the slider, the curvature of a set of toe sliders (for riding boots) might be quite close to that of the clutch cover....might be possible to mount toe sliders to a clutch cover (in your choice of plastic or Ti of course).....

have fun

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
and now U need to polish that healplate :laugh

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Damn.. never knew that the rear m/c was soo ugly! :laugh

I found the reservoir a tad too exspensive for me.. but I hope to get summathat when I have nuff money to buy a lot of these hot looking machined and anodized goodies....! Just not right now :banghead

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
yea, it can't be to big, or sticky outty but something that gets rubbed first as opposed to the cover itself.

maybe just a bit of bar stock, bent and drilled is all that would be needed, no real slider, just half inch stock. Bent, welded and painted.....

Me brain is a smokin', I know I can make it work. doesn't have to be all that structural, if it goes down it will have the clutch cover behind it to support... just that if something is going to grind.... a bit of disposable bar stock is better then the case any day.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Whats everyone doing with the bit that held the original master cylinder on...it just looks naff sticking out with nothing attached..:O

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
that looks awsome mate but i was meaning where the original one screws on to the frame....ive got a really cool little master cylinder that TLDV8 made but your left with that piece of frame that the old one bolted on to....

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
that looks awsome mate but i was meaning where the original one screws on to the frame....ive got a really cool little master cylinder that TLDV8 made but your left with that piece of frame that the old one bolted on to....

Mike, look behind the frame and you will find.... that the little rear brake res bracket.... bolts to the frame, and can be taken off. then the gap is NICE AND CLEAN.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Maybe on the TLR but not on the TLS :no

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Doug and Rifleman, you might take que's off of the woodcraft's case covers I plan to get for the gixxer. They have built in sliders.

The key though is that they bolt on from the inside out so if you go down you'll be able to replace the slider easily. If they bolt the other way you can grind the heads off and have a hell of a time getting the bolts out.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17719

1 - 19 of 19 Posts