TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so theres this storm going up the east coast and its pouring cats and dogs in the NCR right now:( ......There is really no good way to get in and out of a car with an umbrella when its pouring. You either get yourself soaked by trying to get in the car first and then pulling the umbrella in or get your car soaked by tossing the umbrella in first. It seems someone should have invented a way to get in and out without getting soaked.........I digress:O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cars and umbrella's are :thatsgay

I generally am more dry when I get to work than the poor cage driving saps I work with. Throw on the gear in the house, walk to the bike, ride to work, take gear off in office, totally dry underneath:banana

See, bikes will rule the world some day:D

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
This weather is the exact reason why I don't ride in the rain! I'm on Constitution ave in D.C. heading to work (in my cage), and this lady decides she's tired of sitting behind this bus and pulls out in front of me. i slam on brakes, but with the wet roads, I hit her anyway! If I hadn't hit my brakes at all I would have hit her drivers side door. Now what if I was on my bike??? :rant

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You might have been in an accident or you might have been watching things a bit more closely and had more time or you might have been able to go around her taking advantage of the width (or lack there of) of the bike. Its not at all certain you would have been in an accident on the bike but it could happen. I doubt its any more likely to happen in the rain than on a nice sunny day. Granted there is less traction available in the rain, but I find that over all, people drive a bit more cautiously in the rain as well and imho the two at least ballance each other out or better. I don't have nearly as many folks change lanes into me or pull out in front of me in the rain as in good weather.

have fun

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
OR I might have hit her and flipped, then slid under the bus that she didn't have the patience to wait on. Then I get run over by the bus and I'm dead!!!!!! Just kidding!!! I gotta give it to you Josh, you ride regardless of the weather. I'm a fair weather rider!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cars and umbrella's are :thatsgay

I generally am more dry when I get to work than the poor cage driving saps I work with. Throw on the gear in the house, walk to the bike, ride to work, take gear off in office, totally dry underneath:banana

See, bikes will rule the world some day:D

Definately a trooper............. its like a monsoon outside:crazy

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
BTW Newenough has Joe Rocket Comet Jackets on clearance. They make a great sport style winter jacket. I snagged one to replace my ageing first gear leather tex jacket. I have always liked the fit of Joe rocket jackets, they just work for my body type better than most but I've often not been happy with the quality. The comet seems pretty decent though, if not quite up to the standards of First gear and A-star. Its supposed to be waterproof, I doubt it would be in a long and really hard rain, but it kept me dry this morning. I still keep a 3/4 length rain jacket in the tank bag for heavy rain and such. Still, my ride this morning was just over an hour in moderate rain and I was 100% dry. Not bad for $79.
http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_comet_jacket_page.htm

Only grip so far (I've only worn it for two days) is the collar, it is a bit short and poorly designed. They have several similarly priced water resistant jackets on clearance at newenough, check them out. I really like the build quality of the first gear stuff, but their arms tend to be too short compared to the chest/belly for me. I find that the arms on my medium JR jacket are a tad longer than the arms on my large FG jacket. The medium JR fits tighter in the chest and waist than the Large FG though (a good thing for me).

I also tried on the fieldshear and Cortech Advanced jackets. I was impressed with the build quality of the Cortech jackets but the fit was similar to the FG if not even a bit shorter in the arms and larger in the torso. The Fieldshear jacket was about like the FG, perhaps even a bit better for me and was really quite nice except for a really cheep feeling zipper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts